Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIDI mapping on Serato Scratch Live issues

Hello there,

i use serato scratch live (v 2,4,1), some things work, some there don't.
    It's always th same functions that don't work: 'PLAY' for left and right deck, the 'ON' on the effects age, the 'OUT' in the loop system...
    some of them USED TO WORK..??!!
    WHen I am in a midi mode, I can clearly see that they are assigned well, and for some others every time I quite the software i must reassisgn them..
    I have tried for each one the by pressing 'C' while assigning all the different option (Relative mode, ABlsolute mode..).
    Of course I have made sure in oSCULATOR that every push has a singular number and is linked to another singular value..

any help is much appreciated!

here is a link to my problem on Serato's forum: http://serato.com/forum/discussion/657393 )
    Last edited by djalexto; 04-05-2012, 06:52 PM.

Salut Alex,

Have you tried using a toggle button in TouchOSC?
    Also, when you start Serato Scratch Live, before trying to remap anything, can you see that it "forgot" the previous mapping? I am trying to understand if this is a bug from Serato or a problem with your layout.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Hello Camille,

I have tried using the toggle buttons.. no change in the stuff that has no effect or a bug effect. it seems it might be a serato bug (althought I repeat those button used to work once i set them up a while ago for one or two sessions..!)
      to what I understand it may be a kind of button that is the same on deck right or left: both PLAY buttons, both OUT (from in & out in looping), and all the ON buttons on effects... Plus the MUTE button on effects.

Thanks to your thought, Camille I understood better the 'saving the MIDI preset' in Serato (unsaved, New, load, save as...) (which I find a bit complicated!), and I made sure my new set up is 'not forgotten' as you said.

If any Serato user can help us it would be great, because Camille doesn't use Serato..

Comment

Working...
      X