Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prevent the host from changing

Hi!

I have made an installation for an exhibition controlled by wii-remotes and using osculator as a bridge to software done in openFrameworks. The computer controlling the installation is connected to the WiFi at the museum. Several times the host address in OSCulator have changed automatically and thereby loosing the connection to the openFrameworks software. I guess it is because the OSCulator is connecting to new "bounjour" services that arrives on the WiFi. Is there a way to prevent the address from changing, making it static?

I use the adress osc.udp://localhost:43273

Thanks!

Martin

Hi Martin!

Just don't make your OSC target the default target.
    See page 38 of the manual: http://dl.osculator.net/doc/OSCulator+2.11+Manual.pdf

Best Regards,
    Cam

Comment

Thanks for the help & for your very nice piece of software!

Comment

Yes, "When a new routing is created, it is configured to send messages to the default target. The default target is represented with the letter symbol Đ. Other values are numbers corresponding to targets defined in the Targets table. "

But my issue is that I'm not seeing other options when assigning OSC Routings to my "messages", even when there are several in the OSC Routing preferences. So I'm forced to use DEFAULT, which changes whenever one of my other devices comes online.

Any thoughts?

Comment

The other options are in the OSC Routing tab, in the Parameters Window.
          When you create an OSC Routing (press the + button), the new item has a drop down menu where you can choose wether it should send messages to the default target or a specific one.

Comment

Thanks for your response. I read the manual and I know about the Parameters window. It just seems that no matter what I try, I cannot get any option other than DEFAULT to show up in the main window when I'm routing messages to 'OSC Routings'. Would you mind giving more detailed directions? Thanks

OSCulator rocks, as you know.

Comment

Thanks!
              When you create a routing in the OSC Routings tab, you must select a target like in this screenshot :
              osc-routing.png

Then, when you can select this OSC Routing (that has a specific target) from the main list.
              Let me know if that helped.

Comment

Perfect!

I didn't know I was supposed to put the message in the "rewrite address" field. Thanks!

Comment

The rewrite message is just an example, if you don't need it, don't use it!
                  I was rather showing the target menu.

Comment

Working...
                  X