X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TouchOSC for Cubase and ProTools

Hey guys!

I run 2 rigs simultaneously:
    main rig with Cubase and a secondary computer with ProTools HD where i run video and where i print to. (i compose music to picture)

I was able to configure a layout for both Cubase AND ProTools.
    Cubase = MIDI CC's, keyboard shortcuts, QuickControls (this is all pretty straight forward stuff)
    ProTools = (very basic but useful for me) 8 faders, bank and channel switching, mutes, solos, shuffle, slip, etc, trimmer, selector and grabber tools.

The ProTools side was the hardest for me to figure out since PT is so closed off but it's certainly a good starting point to further it.

I have not been able to figure out how to have PT send track names or if its even possible so the track names you'll see are set to where i usually park my faders for easy/quick access.2012-05-05 08.14.56.jpg2012-05-05 08.15.05.jpg2012-05-05 08.15.13.jpg2012-05-05 08.15.21.jpg

Here's the layout. Let me know if you are interested and i can explain further and also post the OSCulator layout as well for you to see the commands necessary in PT.

Hi Schlossax,

It looks like you made a good work mapping functionality between Cubase and Pro Tools together in one layout. I am sure there are users who will find it useful so feel free to post your files if you like to.

Thanks!
    Cam

Comment

TouchOSC + Osculator files

Hi Cam,

thanks!
      Here are the file.
      Obiously, the Osculator files are pretty personalized in terms of key commands but it'll definitely save people time!
      (files below)

-Pieter

(Update 2013-05-13: attachments removed and re-uploaded in a forward message)

Originally posted by camille View Post
      Hi Schlossax,

It looks like you made a good work mapping functionality between Cubase and Pro Tools together in one layout. I am sure there are users who will find it useful so feel free to post your files if you like to.

Thanks!
      Cam
      Attached Files
      Last edited by camille; 05-13-2013, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Hi Schlossax,
        I am trying to set up Protools also and would like to see your solution. Unfortunately when I download your file Oculator reports file cannot be open. Could you repost the file please?

Kind Regards,
        ateight.

Comment

Sure thing

Hey there.

Sure, i can repost. Ill be away from my studio until next weekend but will post then.

Best

pieter

Originally posted by ateight View Post
          Hi Schlossax,
          I am trying to set up Protools also and would like to see your solution. Unfortunately when I download your file Oculator reports file cannot be open. Could you repost the file please?

Kind Regards,
          ateight.

Comment

Hi Schlossax,

I'd love to see your OSCulator patch as well if possible! Quite excited about the ability to apply TouchOSC to ProTools.
            Is there any chance you could re-upload the file?

Thanks,
            James
            Last edited by James Hayday; 05-12-2013, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Hi James,
              This is unfortunate, the files have been created with a beta version of OSCulator and are using seem to use some code that was never actually release. I will try to convert those files so they can be opened on the latest version...
              Best,
              Cam

Comment

Thanks Cam!
                J

Comment

Here is a re-upload of the files uploaded by schlossax that are now fixed for OSCulator 2.12.7. The TouchOSC layout has not been touched, just re-uploaded. The file iPad2 Cubase PS v13 did not require change.

Note on file ProTools v13: The message /4/toggle1 was previously assigned to an event names Solo, but I don't know what it was supposed to do, so that functionality is lost. It would be nice if someone could re-create the proper MIDI message for this and send me a fixed file.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Cam, and Schlossax

Taking a look now

J

Comment

Hey All - I'm real new to TouchOSC, but so far it's great. Trying to get a handle on how to edit controls, specifically for controlling Pro Tools. I have the .touchosc file downloaded but the ProTools tab doesn;t control anything within ProTools. Can someone point me in the right direction for getting this template to control ProTools?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Andrew

Comment

Hi Andrew,

I am waiting to receive my iLok key to activate Pro-Tools, it should be early next week.
                        In the meantime could you please tell me if you have checked in Pro-Tools the MIDI settings?
                        I believe you have to enable Pro-Tools MIDI input for use with OSCulator's MIDI output.

Best,
                        Camille

Comment

Is anyone succeed to move the faders ? I've installed the cubase/protools template, I've configured inside protools the midi section and I've added a HUI peripheral.
                          All the shortcut are working on the protools page but no fader moves on screen even when I try to make some automation.
                          I'm on PT10.3.10 with touchosc 1.9.7 and osculator.

Comment

I'm not sure, but I think some kind of intermediate program would need to interpret the MIDI from TouchOSC and package it in to a HUI emulation.

Schlossax might be able to explain what they did to make it work.

You could control MIDI channels in ProTools by sending the volume/pan/etc values to the relevant channel/CC number and putting the MIDI channel in to record, but that's not as cool..

J

Comment

Working...
                            X