Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with new OSCulator-Pairing in special Game (LEGO Clonewars)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with new OSCulator-Pairing in special Game (LEGO Clonewars)

Hello,

i think there could be a new problem, with the newer versions of OSCulator in very special conditions.
    I use OSCulator only for games and had success in all cases until now.
    With the game "LEGO Starwars- The Clonewars" there seems to be a problem with the controller-setup, which I had not with the old OSCulator (2.11.x).
    Every time I launch the game with the paired Wiimotes or when I pair the Wiimotes after the Game has started, the Game interrupts and brings the Controller-Setup to the front, where I can do nothing but press CMD-Q or switching off the Wiimotes.
    Before starting OSCulator I configured the Game for a pure Keyboard-Setup und in OSCulator I configured the matching keystrokes. So no Virtual Joystick-Devices are used in the OSCulator-Setup.
    I'm not sure, but could it be, that the BT-Devices "Nintendo RVL-CNT-01" of the class "Joystick" (which I haven't noticed in the older versions - are they new?) bring the game in trouble?
    Would it be possible to change the class of the BT-Device for testing purposes?

I think this is at first a problem of the game, but maybe You can help anyway.

Thank You

Hello Christian,

OSCulator 2.12 has a new system for connecting Wiimotes that does not force you to pair the remote again and again. Also it is much more respectful of the system and remote in that it does not try to force the bluetooth connection as it did before (in OSCulator 2.11 and before).

The "Nintendo RVL-CNT-01" joystick is not something new, it is just that previous versions of OSCulator tried to get an exclusive access to that device (which led to connection problems), but not anymore, which is why you can see the remote in the HID devices list. The Wiimote is unfortunately not fully HID compliant, which means that the game will be unable to properly communicate with the remote.

A small tip: you could try connecting your Wiimote before launching the game, it might help.

Finally, there is no way of changing the device "signature". I understand you would like to hide the Wiimote from the game, but as far as I know this would be a bit difficult to do.

There might well be a way a solution of requesting exclusive access to the device from OSCulator (and thus preventing from using it in other applications), but I can't guarantee if it would work as desired... If you are interested in trying an experiment, please remind me around the 10th of august, I will be back from vacation.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Tank You for the reply.

It makes no difference, if I connect the Wiimotes before the gamestart - it just doesn't work.

I would gladly try the experiment and will contact You after Your vacation - happy holidays btw.

Meanwhile I do some own investigation with the game itself and report, if i find something useful.

Christian

Comment

Working...
      X