Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DJ Hero Platter Range Bug

Hi,

Great work on Osculator. I am using the DJ Hero controller with Max/MSP and noticed that the platter outputs erratic values when spinning it fast. For instance, if you spin the platter fast clockwise, the values coming from it should max out at 127. However, the values go from 63 to 127, back to 0 and start counting up again, maxing out at around 15-20. Similarly, if you spin the platter fast counter clockwise, the values go from 64 to 0 to 127 and start decreasing again, "minning out" at ~120. Perhaps there is a bug in the range code for the platter? Any help here would be appreciated.

Hi pfaffian,

Could you please tell me what version of OSCulator are you running?

I think I've also noticed this behavior in the past and I think I tried to fix it. It seemed to me that the rotation sensor does not really like super fast spinnings, remember that this is not a professional grade device. I can have a second look though, when I'm back from holidays.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

I managed to "fix" it by creating a max external that processes the signal. What it basically does is store if the platter has begun spinning clockwise or counter-clockwise, and when the values "wrap around" into the danger zones of 0-40 or 100-127, it just continues to output increasing or decreasing values in the direction of the spin. You might be able to do something more granular since you have access to the raw sensor data. Thanks again!

Comment

Excellent, thanks for the tip!
        I'll this at home.
        Is it ok if I ask you the Max file to understand what you've done?

Comment

Working...
        X