PDA

View Full Version : Split OSC messages to Mac and Win7/Parallels

DerPhoenix
08-07-2012, 12:38 AM
Hi,
I am working since 20 hours with Osculator and I am amazed.
But now I want to try something and don´t get a millimeter forward.
I have a light control software, which only runs under win7 with a USB-Key.
That all runs fine under parallels.
I want to controll the software by TouchOSC from an iPad. The problem is, the software understands a lot of OSC arguments native, but not all I need.
I tried to do the rest of the button in the software by keystrokes done by Osculator. For it alone it is also working.
But in combination I need to bypass the whole OSC-traffic (there is a lot of 2-way communication, e.g. text for faders and so on) to the virtual windows and convert the rest to keystrokes.
Does that make sense?

best regards
Phoenix

camille
08-07-2012, 11:26 AM
Hi Phoenix,

I'm glad you find OSCulator useful, but I hope you did not work for 20 hours in a row :)

I don't understand this:

But in combination I need to bypass the whole OSC-traffic (there is a lot of 2-way communication, e.g. text for faders and so on) to the virtual windows and convert the rest to keystrokes.

Could you please elaborate a bit?

Thanks!
Cam

DerPhoenix
08-07-2012, 05:15 PM
I want to work with the light control software CONGO from ETC on windows 7 under parallels. This software is in a beta testing phase and has the new feature of sending and receiving OSC messages.
But only some functions. They don´t implement the normal keys. That is the reason I try to do it over the osculator and convert OSC messages to keystrokes. So I have all function on one layout of the TouchOSC.
I hope I have explained it better.

thanks
Phoenix

PS: it was nearly 20 hours i

camille
08-07-2012, 07:55 PM
Hey Phoenix,

You said previously that you were able to convert TouchOSC messages to keystrokes.
So, you would like to convert messages from CONGO to keystrokes as well, am I correct?

Cam

DerPhoenix
08-07-2012, 08:25 PM
Hey Phoenix,

You said previously that you were able to convert TouchOSC messages to keystrokes.
So, you would like to convert messages from CONGO to keystrokes as well, am I correct?

Cam
sorry, that I am explaining so bad.
No, this way not.
The software is normally installed on a hardware console with a special interface (look at http://goo.gl/121OD )
The company starts with this beta a new line. They want to sell the software alone, with support for a lot of DMX-adapters.
I want now to recreate the console key layout on the iPad, more or less.
The buttons not supported by OSC messages I have to translate to standard keystrokes, the usually way to work with the software on a PC.

I hope you can get it now, sorry.

Phoenix

camille
08-08-2012, 12:10 PM
I had other users using Keycode or Key Combo events with Parallels with no problem.
Have you tried?

Kid Missileproof
08-24-2012, 04:40 AM
I work at an ETC (company that made Congo) office and would love to know how this goes! Please check in again if you have the time DerPhoenix!