Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Split OSC messages to Mac and Win7/Parallels

Hi,
    I am working since 20 hours with Osculator and I am amazed.
    But now I want to try something and don´t get a millimeter forward.
    I have a light control software, which only runs under win7 with a USB-Key.
    That all runs fine under parallels.
    I want to controll the software by TouchOSC from an iPad. The problem is, the software understands a lot of OSC arguments native, but not all I need.
    I tried to do the rest of the button in the software by keystrokes done by Osculator. For it alone it is also working.
    But in combination I need to bypass the whole OSC-traffic (there is a lot of 2-way communication, e.g. text for faders and so on) to the virtual windows and convert the rest to keystrokes.
    Does that make sense?

best regards
    Phoenix

Hi Phoenix,

I'm glad you find OSCulator useful, but I hope you did not work for 20 hours in a row

I don't understand this:

But in combination I need to bypass the whole OSC-traffic (there is a lot of 2-way communication, e.g. text for faders and so on) to the virtual windows and convert the rest to keystrokes.
    Could you please elaborate a bit?

Thanks!
    Cam

Comment

I want to work with the light control software CONGO from ETC on windows 7 under parallels. This software is in a beta testing phase and has the new feature of sending and receiving OSC messages.
      But only some functions. They don´t implement the normal keys. That is the reason I try to do it over the osculator and convert OSC messages to keystrokes. So I have all function on one layout of the TouchOSC.
      I hope I have explained it better.

thanks
      Phoenix

PS: it was nearly 20 hours i

Comment

Hey Phoenix,

You said previously that you were able to convert TouchOSC messages to keystrokes.
        So, you would like to convert messages from CONGO to keystrokes as well, am I correct?

Cam

Comment

Originally posted by camille View Post
          Hey Phoenix,

You said previously that you were able to convert TouchOSC messages to keystrokes.
          So, you would like to convert messages from CONGO to keystrokes as well, am I correct?

Cam
          sorry, that I am explaining so bad.
          No, this way not.
          The software is normally installed on a hardware console with a special interface (look at http://goo.gl/121OD )
          The company starts with this beta a new line. They want to sell the software alone, with support for a lot of DMX-adapters.
          I want now to recreate the console key layout on the iPad, more or less.
          The buttons not supported by OSC messages I have to translate to standard keystrokes, the usually way to work with the software on a PC.

I hope you can get it now, sorry.

Phoenix

Comment

I had other users using Keycode or Key Combo events with Parallels with no problem.
            Have you tried?

Comment

I work at an ETC (company that made Congo) office and would love to know how this goes! Please check in again if you have the time DerPhoenix!
              Best,

K.M.

Comment

Working...
              X