Reconnection Inconsistent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reconnection Inconsistent

So far my TR wiimote seems to be working with Osculator; however, I am having reconnection issues. If I let the wiimote idle and turn off (or manually turn off by holding the power button), it will generally reconnect to my computer properly. Sometimes it will seem to get halfway there and seem to give up.

Before attempting to connect (wiimote off), my bluetooth manager shows no connected devices. I wake the wiimote and the 4 LEDs begin to flash without finding a connection, but the bluetooth manager then shows "Nintendo RVL-CNT-01-TR" as a connected device (so it is clearly finding the wiimote)! Powering the wiimote off and on repeatedly can fix this and achieve a connection, but a surefire way is to simply "disconnect" the device from the bluetooth manager and power up the wiimote again. This will always achieve a connection.

What might be going on?

Hi Lackadaisical,

Could you please tell me what version of OSCulator and OS X version you are using?
    I can try to reproduce this problem, but so far I haven't experienced such issue.

I can't tell for sure but when you see "Nintendo RVL-CNT-01-TR" in the system Bluetooth menu, it could be that the connection is in a transient state, and then the menu item disappears shortly thereafter. I have noticed that to get a proper connection, most of the time I need to repeatedly press on the buttons of the Wiimote until it properly connects to OSCulator.

It would be interesting to see if there are any related logs in the console at the moment you encounter such situation. To see this information, please open the Console.app application (located in /Applications/Utilities), and select the "All Messages" category (that's on Snow Leopard, I'm not sure if it is still there in Lion and Mountain Lion). If you see messages that are logged at the moment the issue happens, please make sure to send them to me at my email address (camille at osculator dot net).

In the meantime, I will see if there is anything I can do to reproduce this situation.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Osculator Version 2.12.2 (20120719)
      OS X: 10.7.4

I'll try to get you some logs. And by all means, this isn't an important issue; enjoy your vacation.

Comment

no connection wiimote

hi people very new to all this had a wii mote or two hooked up to my mac running osculator and it worked fine now i cant get any of my wii motes to pair for any longer then a few seconds and when it does it says running for a few secs and then losses connection i have deleted the blutooth connection and reenabled the connection but the wii mote draw when paiing never shows the codes for each wiimote so osc is not pairing with it properly i get no tiggering flowing in the main window and get nothing on the wii mote draw what am i doing wrong iv tried all i can think of. think it was very easy to set up the first time i have osx 10.7.5 and osc 2.12.5 any advce would be great
        Last edited by alex; 01-04-2013, 05:09 AM. Reason: mistake

Comment

Hi Alex!
          This might help you:

Best,
          Cam

Comment

Working...
          X