Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone please explain the basic steps in sending an OSC signal from a device?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone please explain the basic steps in sending an OSC signal from a device?

Hi guys and gals.

I honestly find the OSCulator manual overwhelming and difficult to follow. I've been hunting around for a simple example on sending as OSC signal from the Wiimote to another program and haven't had any luck.

Could someone please tell me the basic steps in sending an OSC signal from the wiimote (or any device for that matter) to another program?

For example I'd like to try and send the Wiimote acceleration signal over to the Resoume Avenue opacity slider. Resolume lists the OSC input as "/composition/opacityandvolume". Resolume receives at port 7000.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light.

Okay, I figured this out. So for anyone else who's as lost as I was, here's some pretty screenshots showing how I mapped a Wiimote to the VJ app 'Resolume' using OSC. There will be six images showing what I did. Here's the first three.

Wiimote-to-Resolume-01.jpgWiimote-to-Resolume-02.jpgWiimote-to-Resolume-03.jpg

Comment

...and here's the last three images showing how I got this working.

I hope this helps others as clueless as I was.

Wiimote-to-Resolume-04.jpgWiimote-to-Resolume-05.jpgWiimote-to-Resolume-06.jpg

Comment

Hi mrclarkson,

Thanks you so much for this concise and detailed tutorial!

Best,
        Cam

Comment

Working...
        X