Button combinations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Button combinations

I know this has come up before through looking in the archives but this would makes me so happy if it was possible.

I have several profiles setup for controlling various aspects of our venue via a wii remote. A rigging one triggers apple scripts which in turn trigger amx consoles controlling tabs, projector movements etc, in these cases it would be nice to have a fail safe in the way of a double button push to avoid accidental button pushes on the remote.

This in turn opens up the floodgates for so much potential in various combos of buttons. For example imagine being able to make use of the accelerometer but only whilst holding down B to ensure it would only fire when you want it to.

is this possible in any way shape or form?

EDIT:
    Another thought occurs, (this is maybe way over thinking things). What about the possibility of triggering the X and Y movements of a moving light using the accelerometers. This would mean somehow allowing a whole hog lighting console to receive and output the data in realtime. Focus sessions would be revolutionized...

Mike.
    Last edited by Microspark; 08-31-2012, 02:21 AM.

Hi Microspark,

There is no way of enabling another message when a button is double-pressed on the Wiimote.
    For more complex logic, you may want to use a tool like PureData or Max/MSP.

However, it is rather easy to enable accelerometers only when a button is pressed.
    See those two screenshots for more details:
    wiimote enable 1.pngwiimote enable 2.png

There are more complex logic you can implement using the 'Enable Combine' event (see page 45 of the PDF manual for more info). For now, I'd suggest you experiment with Enable and see how far you can go.

I don't know exactly how lighting consoles can be controlled, I guess you can use MIDI for this, or a MIDI to DMX bridge, then yes you could control the parameters of the console with accelerometers. An even better approach would be to use the Motion Plus event if your Wiimote supports the Motion Plus extension ; this would allow for smoother interaction.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Working...
    X