X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with Wiimote Accelerometers

Hello!

So yesterday I updated to the latest version of Osculator,
    I figured out the new pairing process, made a new mapping layout for my Ableton Live set.
    Then I saved it, closed Live and Osculator and eventually restarted my computer.

Now every time I open Osculator and bring up my saved file, any other file, or just blank settings
    the Wiimotes Accelerometers do not get detected by Osculator. Every button works fine and is
    quite responsive, my Touch OSC on the iPhone works great (accelerometer included). Sometimes
    one of my Wiimotes (The Afterglow series controller) will have a working accelerometer and the other
    one will not work. Then after attempting to reset and pair them again it is whichever Wiimote I sync first
    has Accelerometer function while the second one does not. But still sometimes neither works.

*Both Wiimotes have fresh batteries.
    *I have tried resetting the Bluetooth settings on my Mac (Running Lion).
    *Using the Stop Pairing function can usually get one to work.
    *The Afterglow controllers worked fine in several previous versions of Osculator.
    *I read the Thread about the new pairing process and troubleshooting, followed that and still have the issue.

Thank you for your help.

Hi Mace,

When you pair a Wiimote it will disconnect every other running Wiimote.
    If you want to connect several Wiimotes, the Pairing process must not be running and the Wiimote bemust connected by pressing a single button several times until the connection occurs.

In the Wiimote drawer, the accelerometers checkbox should be enabled by default, is it by any chance disabled for the Wiimote?

I have not tested OSCulator with the Afterglow Wiimote, I hope it's not a compatibility issue.
    If you still have issues even if you try connecting (not via pairing), I will purchase one and test on my computer.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Hi Tripp,

I just bought a Wiimote that definitely did not look as something official from Nintendo.
      There is no sync button inside but some sort of button on the upper right of the device's front plate.
      When I connect the device, the buttons, LEDs and IR are working ok, but there is no accelerometer.
      Motion Plus calibration take forever, I suspect this is because of the lack of accelerometer data.

So it seems I have found the famous incompatible Wiimote.
      I will try to find a fix soon.

All the best,
      Cam

Comment

OK, so I found the problem and oddly enough, it was unrelated to the Wiimote driver.
        You can get the fix by updating OSCulator (in the OSCulator menu, choose "Check for update…").

Comment

Originally posted by camille View Post
          OK, so I found the problem and oddly enough, it was unrelated to the Wiimote driver.
          You can get the fix by updating OSCulator (in the OSCulator menu, choose "Check for update…").
          Thanks for your help.
          But the Afterglow remotes still seem to not work. I have updated to the latest version.
          The actually do have a red sync button inside the battery compartment.
          I may just have to purchase an original Nintendo WiiMote for accelerometer use.

Screen Shot 2012-10-30 at 2.22.24 PM.jpg

This is a pic of OSCulator really bugging out with the whole accelerometer problem..
          it seems limited to saved files and every time I start a new file the accels work fine but
          then switching back to the saved file they do not work.

But it still won't read accelerometer data from more than one remote.

Comment

Hi Mace,

I managed to get a third party Wiimote that showed the same symptoms you described.
            I will send you a build soon so you can try.
            Thanks for your feedback!

Cam

Comment

Working...
            X