Link between TouchOSC & OSCulator not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link between TouchOSC & OSCulator not working

I am struggling with this, I have made the connection from TouchOSC to my iphone but when i try to make the connection to OSCulator to assign all my midi settings nothing shows on the OSCulator page when i press stuff on the IPhone. It worked once when i first tried it but didnt have enough time to finish everything so started again from scratch and it no longer works. I am running iOS 6.1 on IPhone 3GS to Macbook with OS X 10.6.1.
    Please help me i have been trying to figure this out for over 3 hours and have got nowhere!!
    Thank you
    Squiffy

Hi Squiffy,

You should check the OS X firewall is disabled.
    Also, make sure there is no space character in the name of your TouchOSC layout pages.

Best,
    Camille

Comment

Thank you for replying! Firewall was disabled anyway and tried with no spaces. It worked for about a minute, i assign about 3 cue points then it stopped. I have the 'Stay Connected' option turned on, could there be anything else? Any other settings i would need to change? I have looked for some but cant see any obvious ones.
      Thanks in advance

Comment

Hello Squiffy,

I don't believe the 'Stay Connected' option is useful, it is more of a misnomer. From TouchOSC manual:
        Stay connected
        If enabled, TouchOSC will send a /ping OSC message without arguments every 60 seconds. This can be useful with some applications to maintain an open connection or to monitor that TouchOSC is still running.
        This does not mean that the connection will be more reliable.
        How are you connecting to your computer?
        It does not seem to be a configuration problem, but rather a WiFI signal reliability issue.

Best,
        Cam

Comment

Hmmm yea sounds likely. I am creating a network on my laptop on joining it with the phone, the laptop is a 2008 model model and iphone 3gs which would have been 09/10. I dont know if that would help at all.
          I have been using tutorials on youtube that show it this way and as always, works fine on theirs but when i try it, it just doesnt quite work out

Comment

Try with a base station, you likely to get better results.

Comment

I have tried connecting them via our home router but does not show up on TouchOSC. Thank you for your help

Comment

I am sorry Squiffy, I wished I could help you, but I don't know what is the problem.

One thing I can tell is that OSCulator has no bug regarding networking, and that you should see your computer running OSCulator in the OSC configuration of TouchOSC. If you don't then it means that your phone and your computer are not able to communicate together over the network. Sometimes restarting both devices solves the problem, especially with iPhones running an "old" version of iOS or computers running OS X 10.5/10.6.

I would suggest you ask on the TouchOSC forum since this is more an issue related to TouchOSC than OSCulator. Please read this: http://www.osculator.net/forum/threa...ease-read-this!!!

Thanks!

Best,
                Cam

Comment

Thank you very much i really appreciate the time you put into this.
                  All the best

Comment

Working...
                  X