Cannot pair/connect WiiMote at all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot pair/connect WiiMote at all

As far as I can tell I am following the instructions correctly.

I have a WiiMote with back battery cover removed, click the Start Pairing button and wait for the message to press the Red button inside the battery cover. I do so, and wait, and then the pairing simply times out. Osculator seems to react to the button press by kicking it back into idle mode, the button goes back to Start Pairing immediately, and in the lower left it says Running... again.

I have experimented with using the Mac's Set up Bluetooth Device... dialog and got it to "successfully pair" by using the No Passcode option, and can see the device listed in Bluetooth Preferences, but it makes no difference in Osculator.

Am I missing something? On 10.8.2. Thanks

Hello,

You should try to remove the Wiimote from the paired devices (in the Bluetooth Preferences Pane) and start with a fresh configuration.

A couple of questions:
    What version of OSCulator are you using?
    Any chance there is a Wii console around?
    It so happens that the console picks up the remote signal before the computer does.

Best,
    Camille

Comment

Originally posted by camille View Post
      Hello,

You should try to remove the Wiimote from the paired devices (in the Bluetooth Preferences Pane) and start with a fresh configuration.

A couple of questions:
      What version of OSCulator are you using?
      Any chance there is a Wii console around?
      It so happens that the console picks up the remote signal before the computer does.

Best,
      Camille
      Thanks for the quick reply. I'm using the very latest version. There is a Wii console, I assumed that if it was off, it would not try to hijack the pairing request.

Do I have to kick the Wii out of the room to pair successfully?

Comment

I can't tell for sure if that is the source of your problem, but you'll find in this forum some users who have had this problem before. "off" with this kind of eletronic material usually means "on but pretend we're off".
        You could try with the Wii unplugged or as you suggested, in another room.

Comment

Working...
        X