OSC Port Conflict

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSC Port Conflict

I keep getting an OSC port conflict when I open Logic.

It says: OSC device "MOTU 828mk3 CueMix FX OSC on DRs-Mac-Pro.local" uses Port 52899 which is already used by OSC device "MOTU 828mk3 CueMix FX OSC on DRs-Mac-Pro.local".Enter a different incoming port in the network settings of "MOTU 828mk3 CueMix FX OSC on DRs-Mac-Pro.local"

How do I get rid of this?
    Attached Files

Have you tried to remove the control surfaces currently configured in Logic?
    It looks like a bug in Logic.

Comment

Yes I tried deleting the com.apple.logic.pro.cs control surface preference and have the same issue.

Comment

Just to be clear: I am not sure if we are referring to the same thing.
        I was suggesting to remove the device in Logic's control surface list.

Comment

This action clears my control surfaces completely. Still I only have 4 hardware devices and they are not recognized (3 mackie controllers and a Korg MicroKontrol). I have no issue fully uninstalling osculator and any and all traces of it that may cause the issue. There is also nothing that I can find in Audio Midi setup that refers to osculator. The motu is a secondary interface for me. I mainly use the UA Apollo.

Comment

You can be confident that OSCulator has nothing to do with this issue. This really looks like a Logic related problem.

Comment

Originally posted by thedr View Post
              This action clears my control surfaces completely. Still I only have 4 hardware devices and they are not recognized (3 mackie controllers and a Korg MicroKontrol). I have no issue fully uninstalling osculator and any and all traces of it that may cause the issue. There is also nothing that I can find in Audio Midi setup that refers to osculator. The motu is a secondary interface for me. I mainly use the UA Apollo.
              By this I mean deleting the com.apple.logic.pro.cs preference, all control surfaces are cleared and rebuilt. I am not sure why I am having this issue. It happens everytime I launch the Logic application. I never had this issue in the past and I have used Logic 9 since 2008. I am wondering if something could have happened when I upgraded to Lion. Could this problem be in Audio Midi Setup? Is there anywhere I can check. I currently dont use any OSC devices except in the past I tried to install a device to use logic keycommands on an ipad but never got it working properly.

Comment

Thank you, that's good to know about com.apple.logic.pro.cs, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were other preferences files involved. The problem in the first place does not make sense because Logic basically complains that it is not able to "register X because X is already registered". I would have a look on how to turn off OSC device scanning in Logic if possible at all.

Comment

I haven't sorted it out completely but I'm close. There is a feature in MOTUs Cuemix under Control Surfaces that seems to contributing to the issue.

Thanks again for your help

Comment

Working...
                  X