Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pitch bending, or possibly changing notes Q

bonjour camille,

My setup: TouchOSC -> OSCulator -> GarageBand. In TouchOSC, I've got a very basic layout with eight pushbuttons representing a C3 major scale, which works fine transmitting notes to GB (well, latency over my WiFi is an issue, but a separate one).

What i would like is the ability to have two extra push buttons that will allow me to alter the key of the existing 8 buttons in half steps. In other words, when I hit the + button on touchOSC, I want the keys to now produce a C#3 major scale. Hit it again, and they automatically switch to D3 major, and so on.

Similarly, a - button would lower the pitch bending/modulation by a half a step, so that if I were playing on a D3 major scale and hit the - button, it would become a C#3 major scale.

Does this make sense? I'm not sure if this is really pitch bending, since it is in fixed steps, not really like a pitch wheel or something, and should be permanent (ie, I don't want to have to hold down a wheel to keep a pitch steady).

Is this at all possible? I know that GB doesn't allow mapping of MIDI CC events, and I'm a little confused about MIDI pitchbend notes.

Merci de votre réponse

Joseph

Salut Joseph,

Currently, the way to do that is to create a new preset and assign new notes to your buttons.
    For the other buttons used to change the scale, configure them with Preset Change events.

Presets in OSCulator are a set of mappings between messages and events.
    Using them allow you to reconfigure those mappings on the fly.

Feel free to ask for more details if you have difficulty to configure this.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Working...
    X