No announcement yet.

Wiimote IR events: Can Osculator do it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiimote IR events: Can Osculator do it?

Dear friends,

Is it possible for OSCulator to get the raw data coming out of the IR camera
    on the Wii?

That would be so great if you could do that.

Thanks in advance.

Rajat

Hi Rajat,

If you activate the Raw IR option, you will have access to the 4 bright dots tracked by the Wiimote camera. This is the lowest level data you can get from the IR Wiimote camera.

Best,
    Camille

Comment

Hi Camille,

Thanks a lot and apologies for not checking it before hand. I could look at the "Quick View" to see that some data is coming in. Now I have built an IR led array in increase the IR luminosity and made a
      hole in the array where I can place the Wiimote. When I move my finger (or pen) in and out the Field-of-View, the signal goes up or down. Put sometimes it dips and sometimes it goes up. Was wondering if I could store the data in a file as I am recording and then see if I can analyze that data set.

I know this might not be your usual application for Osculator but I think if it works it could potentially be very useful for studies like mine in Neuroscience.

Thanks again.
      Rajat

Comment

Hi Rajat,

You will want to forward the OSC messages to another application like PureData or Max/MSP in order to save the stream of messages to disk. OSCulator will provide you with the IR raw values, and the other end will allow you to record the OSC messages.

There is also OSCseq that allows for message recording, but I have not tested this application. http://oscseq.com/manual/

Best,
        Camille

Comment

Working...
        X