Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osculator to use to measure body posturography

Dear Users,
    sorry if this is an already posted questions, but I did not find any mention of that on the forum.
    Two brief questions:
    - is there any good routine using oscilator and the wii balance board to measure the displacements of the body's center of pressure;
    - is that possible to plug by bluetooth two WBB at the same time ?
    Any help would be wonderful.
    Best regards,
    Harold

Hello Harold,

- is there any good routine using oscilator and the wii balance board to measure the displacements of the body's center of pressure;
    Yes. Once connected, OSCulator's Balance Board driver reports the weight applied on each of the 4 sensors, their sum, and a pair of coordinates X/Y representing the virtual center of gravity.

- is that possible to plug by bluetooth two WBB at the same time ?
    Yes, just like Wiimotes you can plug many of them at the same time.
    Depending on your computer the maximum count will be between 4 and 7.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Camille,
      thank you very much for your post. When connected, I see these values for example when I push the quickview button on one line, but I don't know how to get these values in a file after the recording session is finished. Is that possible ?
      Thank you so much for you last fast response,
      Best,
      Harold

Comment

I am sorry, OSCulator is not able to record values to a file.
        I would suggest that you record the OSC messages in a software like PureData or Max, or record MIDI messages in a sequencer.

Comment

Ok, thank you for your response. It seems that PureData needs to be coded to allow that, but unfortunately I am not good enough in coding...

Comment

Maybe you could use OSCseq, however I don't know how data can be exported from it.

A multi-purpose Open Sound Control event sequencer

Comment

Hello again,
              sorry for this last question but this means that the data are only "seen" by osculator but never recorded ? I found a post where you explained a method to record them into a terminal, maybe this would be helpful ?
              Thank you,

best, harold

Comment

Hi again Harold,
                Do you have a link to the post you mentionned?

Comment

I just found it around the web but don't find it anymore. This link could be helpful maybe: http://puredata.hurleur.com/sujet-33...xtended-combos
                  Sorry for being so stupid

Comment

Dear Camille,
                    here is the link for the terminal method: http://www.osculator.net/forum/archi...p/t-1237.html?
                    Maybe I did not understand.
                    H

Comment

Ah, thank you, I remember this discussion.

Yes, you could log to the Terminal, but then you would have to launch OSCulator on the command line so you can send the output to a file.
                      Open Terminal and launch OSCulator by copying and pasting this in the Terminal (provided OSCulator is located in your Application folder:

Code:
                      /Applications/OSCulator\ ƒ/OSCulator.app/Contents/MacOS/OSCulator 2>> ~/osculator_log.txt
                      This will append OSCulator log output to a file in your home directory named osculator_log.txt.
                      Remember, the file is not deleted and data is always appended to it, so you have to delete the file yourself if you want to start a new recording.

Then in OSCulator, all you have to do is configure the /wii/1/balance message with a Console Log / Simple Log event as described in the post previously previously mentionned.

Comment

Working...
                      X