X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiimote connection troubleshooting

Originally posted by alvren View Post
    Camille,

Also, soon after posting I realised I wasn't pairing and connecting the wiimotes in the new way it's supposed to be done since 2.12.x, apparently. Doing it the new way stopped the wiimote discovery error.
    Hi there. I am only just beginning to learn how to use OSCulator. I just got a Wii in the post today from Ebay, and was excited to try and see some data being received by OSCulator. Alas, nothing! Like you say, I keep getting prompted to press the red button inside the Wiimote, then it says pairing, then it says wiimote discovery error 188.

Can you tell me what the new way of pairing the wiimotes is? I can't find anything on the subject. I saw the posts mentioning many wiis made after 2011 weren't compatible, they supplied a link for the solution, but it does not work anymore. Any explantion or link to the right explanation would be greatly appreciated.

I am using Macbook Pro 10.6.8. My OSCulator is version 2.13

Hope you can help, and many thanks!

B.

Hello Elevatormusicmaker,

The procedure for connecting the Wiimote is described in details here:

Some users have reported random problems with Mac OS X 10.6.8. Here are the advices I give when you use this system and you don't manage to connect your Wiimote:

- Open the Bluetooth Preferences pane and delete every listed Nintendo product. To do this, select an item and press the minus button.
    - Start OSCulator and open the Wiimote drawer. If the pairing process is not running, start it.
    - Press the red button inside your Wiimote, it should pair with your computer.
    - The pairing was successful (i.e. you saw no error), the time you want to connect your Wiimote, just press any button until the Wiimote connects again.

If the error persists, you will need to restart the bluetooth daemon:
    - Remove all entries in the Bluetooth Preferences pane again,
    - Open Activity Monitor and select the process named blued,
    - Click on the Quit button and Force Quit the process, you might be asked to enter your password,
    - Restart your computer.

Best Regards,
    Camille

Comment

Thanks Camille,

Unfortunately there is no luck, even after doing everything mentioned above. I've noticed that even when I take out the batteries and don't attempt to sync the wiimote, the message on OSCulator still continues to display once every say 20 seconds after the program attempst to connect to the wiimote.

I think it may just be down the the fact that this may not be an authentic enough wiimote (as the price was suspiciously friendly), that I got conned over Ebay.

Back to the wallet we go!

Comment

Working...
      X