Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scaling the roll movement

I'm working in the following context:

when I press buttonA, it creates a 'MIDI Note w/ Params' and the 'Pitch'-value is then controlled by the 'roll' movement of the Wiimote.

It works (of course, because this software is awesome!) but I notice that passing through the 0-value at 90 degrees to the left makes the pitch go up again. Is it possible to keep minus 90 degrees as the lowest pitch value and everything below that angle without any MIDI-output? And of course the same on the other side: plus 90 degrees as the highest value, everything above needs to stay silent. This should prevent me from playing a higher note by accident while aiming for the lowest note.

I have been looking at the scaling options, but I didn't find a solution. I hope you can help!

Mell

Hi Mell!

Does your Wiimote supports MotionPlus? It should have a label saying "Wii MotionPlus INSIDE" at the bottom of the remote, though on newest remotes this may not be the case anymore.

If so, you can activate this sensor by checking "MotionPlus" in the Wiimote drawer. Once this is activated, you will be prompted to calibrate the device (during that time, make sure it stands still for a few seconds). Then a new message is registered "/wii/1/motion/angles". You can use it just as "/wii/1/accel/pry" except that the values have a different range behavior.

Under the MotionPlus checkbox, there is a menu, choose "Cyclic Mode". This mode works as follow: the full extent of the Wiimote orientation is covered, and wraps around (from 1 to 0) when a full turn is made. Get a feel of what the other modes are doing by opening a Quick Look window on the roll parameter.

I understand you would like to use the Wiimote primarily with the front facing the ceiling, and roll it left and right by 90 degrees. To do that I would go to the Scalings Page, and change /wii/1/motion/angles roll parameters to : input min = 0.25, input max = 0.75 and check "Cap" so output values don't go under 0.0 or over 1.0. Please have a look at the attached file for more details.

Best,
    Cam
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X