Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nunchuk problems

Hi

Are there any problems with the nunchuk in the current release version of Osculator?

For a few minutes the nunchuk was working great, but after a few minutes it stopped working and the complete wiimote started acting weird. Buggy IR coordinates, buttons not working, etc. After that the wiimote simply dies when the nunchuk is connected.

I've tried "rebooting" the controller, connecting and disconnecting the nunchuk, etc. Nothing happens. It seems like the nunchuk is dead... but it was working fine in Wii console for years.

Actually I've discovered, that if I turn on the wiimote with the nunchuk connected, the nunchuk doesn't work.

But, if I turn on the wiimote, and then connect the nunchuk it works perfectly.

Is this normal behaviour?

If this is normal it is quite inconvenient... It means every time the museum will turn on the interactive installation they will have to manually plug the nunchuk after powering the wiimote...

Comment

Hi Pier,

This is not normal behavior.
      What version of OSCulator are you using on what Mac OS X version?
      Have you tried with new batteries?

Best,
      Cam

Comment

Originally posted by camille View Post
        Hi Pier,

This is not normal behavior.
        What version of OSCulator are you using on what Mac OS X version?
        Have you tried with new batteries?

Best,
        Cam
        Hi Camille

I'm using Mac OS 10.8.5 and Osculator 2.13 in a Macbook pro.

Yes, I've tried changing batteries, and I've also tried with 2 different Wiimotes (one with motion plus inside) and 2 different nunchuks.

This is weird because, I've just tried it again with a fresh Osculator file, and everything works as expected...

Do you think this could be some bluetooth problem?

Comment

Hello Pier,

I can't tell exactly if this is a bluetooth problem, but I'd be happy to see this file.
          Would you please send it to me to camille at osculator dot net?
          Thanks!

Cam

Comment

Working...
          X