Can't choose joysticks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't choose joysticks?

I've been using OSCulator for quite a while to fly XPlane with a Wiimote. Tonight when I fired it up, it said there was an update (it might have said this before and I ignored it), and I went ahead and updated.

I am able to connect the Wiimote to OSCulator and know that it sees the button presses and movements, so that's all fine.

However, when I choose an Event Type of HID, I get no choices under Value. I cannot choose Joystick 1-X or Y or anything. There's nothing there. If I open up old files, they are there but don't work, and if I select them, I am given no options to change. Same goes for the provided sample files. I do get a 1, 2, 3, and 4 in Chan.

Any ideas? I really want to fly my plane!

Maybe I should have called tech support. "Have you tried to restart?" Yup. That did it.

Comment

Hi Samiwas,

What are the versions of Mac OS X and OSCulator you are using?
      Also, what model is your Mac?

OSCulator needs to install a small kernel extension to operate HID. Before OSCulator 2.12, this extension was needed for the Wiimote too, but that is no longer the case, this is why OSCulator uninstalls it on upgrade (but it should normally install the new one!).

So, when you go to Preferences, and open the last tab, the "Install the Virtual Joystick kernel extension" checkbox needs to be on. I'm surprised OSCulator did not ask you to install the extension though, you should have not been able to see empty menus.

Don't hesitate to send me your oscd file directly so I can have look at them (camille at osculator dot net).

Best,
      Cam

Comment

Working...
      X