Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 year long downhill slope for wii mote support

Hello Camille. Hope you are all well.

I've had Wii-mote Problems for the past year, it've however found way's to walk around them, until now.

When i first got oscluator, wii motes connected fine, one after another.

After a while, if i would not press 1+2 at the EXACT same time (it took a few tries) both wii motes would not connect

Now, no matter how much i try, only One controller can connect at a time. Which makes my live-act kind of hard to perform at.

I'm wondering, what has happen? usually suport for items improves over time in software, but in this case it seem's like the wii mote support has decreased. ALOT.

Is there any way to download older versions of Oscluator? Which version would you recomend to download to have my wii-support back and functional again?

I'm sorry for being so grumpy with this post, i found out at quite an important gig this weekend, that only one mote would connect, now they are a big part of what i do.

All the best
    Johannes Drakenberg - Artist
    - Facebook - Soundcloud - Tour Dates - Youtube -

Hi Johannes,

I am sorry to read you unsatisfied like this, and hope to be able to answer your questions.

First of all, be sure that my involvement for quality in OSCulator is always at its best. There is no reason why quality should decrease, and I continually try to improve the software. By the way an update (2.13.1) has been released about a week ago.

I find a bit unfair to say that Wiimote support has decreased, when on the contrary I believe it has been improved since version 2.12 with a new connection system. If there was no maintenance brought to OSCulator and the Wiimote driver, you would not be able to use OSCulator on OS X 10.5, 10.6, 10.7, 10.6 and 10.9, or even use newest Wiimote models (TR).

OSCulator version 2.12, released in early 2012 changes how a Wiimote must be connected.
    It has been documented in the release notes, in the manual and numerous times on the forum.

This post should help you:

Here are the key highlights:
    1. A Wiimote is paired only ONCE, and then, you don't repeat the pairing process again for that Wiimote and computer.
    2. A Wiimote is paired using the red button, not button 1&2 (don't use that anymore).
    3. You only pair one Wiimote at a time, you cannot pair several Wiimotes together.
    4. Once a Wiimote is paired, you connect it to your Mac by pressing any button repeatedly until it connects. Nothing can be easier.

Please let me know if that helps you solve and understand better how Wiimotes should be connected using the last versions of OSCulator.

Best Regards,
    Camille

Comment

Hello, i got it to work now. I'm really sorry for my negative language.

Thank you so much for your support once again Camille.

Oh and btw, are there any plans for leap support in any near future?

Cheers

Comment

No worries, I appreciate you being a faithful user all this time.

Leap Motion developer relations have been very kind, providing me with a couple of devices in early January 2013.

I beta tested the device, and sent a lot of feedback. Wrote a lot of code too, even a C wrapper. I never found the Leap was working reliably. For example there is a lot of bad things happening when a finger hides another one behind. Most of all I found it too complex and too flexible, a lot of information given by the Leap driver do not make sense, and is hard to filter or process.

Comment

Of course, how can one leave such an amazing application

I see, i was kind of dissapointed in the leap, to be honest i have not used it once since i got it. And i had that thing pre-ordered for 18 months hahaha.

Oh well, i guess it's too hard to make anything like that function too well.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
          X