Wii Remote plus connection problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wii Remote plus connection problems

Hello, i need help: bought 2 Wii Remote plus - the first connects, but doesn't send pitch/roll/yaw/accel messages, and the second doesn't connect at all. Maybe wrong Model, or...?

I use the latest OSCulator version

Thank you for help!

Hello,

What is the version of your OS X?
    Can you check if the remotes have the exact same model number? (see inside the battery compartment).

Best,
    Camille
    Last edited by camille; 03-09-2014, 11:01 AM.

Comment

@Camille
      OSX 10.6.8
      no, the Wii Remotes doesn't have the same model number
      1. Wii (white, connects, but missing motion messages) = RVL-003
      2. Wii (red-Blue, doesn't connect) = RVL-036
      OSCulator v. 2.13.1 (20140113)
      you know the problem?

Comment

Yes, I have noticed that newest Wiimotes only connect with newer computer or system.
        I could not tell f it is OS X 10.6.8 or the integrated Bluetooth adapter that causes the problem.

The missing motion messages is weird though
        How do you connect your Wiimote, what procedure do you follow?

Comment

connect Wiimote procedure: start OSCulator/Start Pairing/Red Button inside first Wiimote RVL-003/Start Pairing/Red Button inside 2nd Wiimote RVL-036
          like described, I think (also no firewall etc)

Update Test: I tested it on OSX 10.9.2 Mavericks (Mac Mini Test System for my Band Session Room; on all other 3 Macs I still wanna use 10.6.8 because of other Audio Software) >
          1. Wii RVL-003 (white) connects, but still missing motion messages
          2. Wii RVL-036 (red-blue) connects, all messages, no problems = here everything fine!
          Below you find a list (Mac Modell, Bluetoothversion, Firmware etc)
          Questions:
          Is now for sure, that the RVL-003 has a hardware problem? (Then I will send it back (bought via Amazon 1 Month ago)
          You know Wiimote models without any or "smallest" compatibility problems (older models, also without Motion Plus etc)?
          Have not enough experience to know if I need Motion Plus inside for example, my idea/inspiration is Martin Gretschmann (Notwist/Console), i seen last month on stage. I´m also no gamer, don´t know anyone with wii console or some musician using Wiimotes/OSCulator.
          Is there something like a compatibility table (Hardware, Software, Firmware etc)?
          What´s your setting/recommendation?
          Recommend to try Firmware or Hardware-Updates (on MacPro is my Main Studio System)?
          By the way: big respect for your software (see that you are author) ans support! and sorry for my bad English (i´m from Germany)

List of both Test systems
          1st Test on:
          MacPro3,1;Quad-Core Intel Xeon; Prozessorgeschwindigkeit: 2,8 GHz; Anzahl der Prozessoren: 2; Gesamtzahl der Kerne: 8; L2-Cache (pro Prozessor): 12 MB; RAM: 18 GB
          Apple Bluetooth-Softwareversion: 2.4.5f3
          Bluetooth-Hardware: Hersteller:Cambridge Silicon Radio; Firmware-Version: 1965

2nd System:
          Macmini5,1; Intel Core i5; 2,3 GHz; Anzahl der Prozessoren: 1 (2 Core); RAM 8 GB
          Apple Bluetooth-Softwareversion: 4.2.3f10 13477
          Bluetooth-Hardware:
          Hersteller: Broadcom; Firmware-Version: v131 c5495

Comment

Hi Paradochs,

Thanks for the detailed info.

As a reminder, please note that the red button is only needed once, when you must pair one remote with one computer. After the pairing is done, you don't need to do that again because the Wiimote remembers how to connect to your computer.

RVL-003 is the model of a Wiimote without the bundled motion plus package, so it i most likely to be an older Wiimote.
            RVL-036 designates a Wiimote with Motion Plus gyroscopes, it is most likely to be a more recent Wiimote but it can be a few years old too. Those come in different versions, the most recent ones don't work with 10.6.8 (I had one report from a user, and yours). This specific recent model is also the only I know that has a compatibility problem. I know this is not because of OSCulator but either the OS or the bluetooth adapter.

Martin Gretschmann is a great musician and an awesome person, I have been lucky to meet him at Notwist show in Paris. I don't think he uses the Motion Plus related extensions, at least at the time I met him Motion Plus enabled Wiimote did not exist.

The gyroscope you find in the Motion Plus allow you to get more precision with regards to the absolute orientation of the remote, although it is not absolutely required to have a lot of fun with this device. I would recommend that you try activate the Motion Plus messages, and open a Quick Look window to see how it reacts compared to the accelerometer based messages (more about this is explained in the manual).

I am a bit surprised you received two different models from the Amazon description you sent, so I would suggest you send back the first item that sounds malfunctioning. I wish good luck and the best entertainment with OSCulator!

Best,
            Cam

Comment

Hi Camille,
              ok, thank you so much for support!
              all the best
              paradochs

Comment

Working...
              X