Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reset MotionPlus calibration?

Hi fellow-Osculator-ers,

I'm trying to setup some real basic head tracking with the accelerometers, but the calibration points get lost over time and movement. The only way I am aware of resetting this 'centre' is to close my Osculator project and open it again, and when I connect the wiimote, the MotionPlus calibratio process initiates.

Is there a command I can send to start the calibration process instead of having to close/open?

I've not seen anything in a few hours of looking so I'm not terribly confident this is possible, so I thought it worth asking the experts!

Many thanks,
    Matthew
    ---
    edit: I appear to have slipped from an S to a D in the subject
    Last edited by CinningBao; 03-12-2014, 11:36 AM. Reason: subject error

Hello Matthew,

Are you using the yaw attitude angle to track the orientation of the head?
    Yaw is subject to drift and you can use the "MotionPlus Reset" event to reset the absolution values of the MotionPlus device's pitch, roll and yaw.

Please let me know if that answers you question, maybe you meant something different.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Hi Cam,

That is exactly what I'm doing, but how do I send this 'MotionPlus Reset' event from Osculator? I'd like to assign a button on the WiiMote to initiate the process.

Many thanks,
      Matthew

Comment

The idea is that when you press a button of the Wiimote, a new message appears in the message list. For example, /wii/1/button/A. You can then choose Event Type "MotionPlus Reset" and then choose "Wiimote 1" as the value, provided the slot of your Wiimote is 1.
        After this is done, when you press the button A, the MotionPlus device will recalibrate. It is easy to observe that with a Quick Look window.

Comment

Lovely! All works as expected
          Thanks for everything camille.

Comment

Working...
          X