Routing OSC to local Applications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Routing OSC to local Applications

Hello. Fantastic piece of software! But I'm having an issue.

I'm trying to route signals from my iPad TouchOSC to RME TotalMix software, which supports OSC. Although I've had success routing messages to other computers over the network, I can't figure out how to route OSC messages to a specific application on the local computer. For Logic I've just been converting everything to Key Combos, but for TotalMix I have to route OSC commands (or at least, I know OSC will work). When I skip Osculator and go directly to TotalMix from my iPad, it seems to work fine, so I know the problem is how I have Osculator set up.

I've spent an hour trying different things, and I'm out of ideas. I'm on the latest version of the software. Thank you!

bump? I really need to get this working for my studio to run efficiently. Thanks.

Comment

Hi,

Once you know the port, you can use the OSC target "localhost:<port>" where <port> is the OSC port on which TotalMix listens.
      In the "OSCulator ƒ/Samples Library/Wiimote/Cycling '74 Max" folder there is a file named "Wiimote to Max.oscd". You can open it and see it is configured to route Wiimote messages to Max.

For Logic, you should use Key Combos first, then MIDI messages. The OSC protocol is complex, and MIDI mapping is not always straightforward.

Best,
      Cam

Comment

Hi,

Once you know the port, you can use the OSC target "localhost:<port>" where <port> is the OSC port on which TotalMix listens.
        In the "OSCulator ƒ/Samples Library/Wiimote/Cycling '74 Max" folder there is a file named "Wiimote to Max.oscd". You can open it and see it is configured to route Wiimote messages to Max.

For Logic, you should use Key Combos first, then MIDI messages. The OSC protocol is complex, and MIDI mapping is not always straightforward.

Best,
        Cam

Comment

Working...
        X