Automatic target discovery problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic target discovery problems

I am using OSCulator for a multimedia piece. On the Parameters page, I define a custom target using the hostort syntax, and everything works. However, if a new OSC software (TouchOSC, VDMX, etc) joins the network, OSC automatically discovers this target and replaces my custom target with it, instead of adding the new target to the list. I would like to keep my custom target as the default target without fear of having it overwritten. I would be perfectly happy disabling automatic target discovery altogether, if that is possible. I am including three screenshots: How the Parameters page looks before a new target is discovered, how it looks after, and a manually corrected Parameters page showing the desired behavior.

Hope you can help, many thanks,
    Eli
    Attached Files

Hi emf,

Simply set the default target radio button to an empty (unused) slot.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Thanks Cam, this works as long as no unexpected targets appear on the network and send OSC while my setup is live. In this particular case I know of all potential targets which may appear on the network, and I've simply entered my custom target in a blank spot and set the radio buttons accordingly. But if I'm in a situation where new targets may appear, the selected target is overwritten.

So I suppose the lesson here is to be aware of all potential targets and to have them listed in the Parameters view before beginning a performance.

Thanks again.
      Eli

Comment

Hi Eli,

I forgot to mention your OSC Routes (see bottom panel in the screenshots) must of course use a specific target, that is, 1 , 2, ..., but not the default one. The default target exists to handle the case when you need automatic configuration.

Best,
        Cam

Comment

Working...
        X