Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OSCulator as a converter for OSC messages with different leading page numbers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSCulator as a converter for OSC messages with different leading page numbers?

OSCulator seems to have the ability that I need. I am new on it and would like to buy a license if there is a way to do the following. Perhaps you can help or give advise if it's possible?!

RME's TotalmixFX is controlled by several iOS devices over TouchOSC. All syncs bidirectional. Unfortunately the implemented OSC messages in TotalmixFX are separated into 3 pages for whatever reasons (see full TotalmixFX OSCTable). The OSC messages of these pages are sent and received by a leading number (e.g. "/1/mastervolume" or "/3/globalMute"). TouchOSC can only sync messages of one page, so it is not possible to create a controller page with different page messages from /1/… /2/… or /3/… , only the last activated page number and its corresponding messages will be refreshed or synced in TouchOSC (e.g. level meters in TouchOSC freeze when activating a button with a different page number).

With OSCulator I would like to do a realtime converting in the following way if it's possible.

Example OSC message "/3/globalMute"
    "/3/globalMute" is sent by TotalmixFX when switching the Mute button
    -> to OSCulator that converts the message to "/1/globalMute" (/1/ instead of /3/) and sends it forward
    -> to TouchOSC that syncs the button on its controller page

The other way TouchOSC sends "/1/globalMute" when switching the Mute button
    -> to OSCulator that reconverts the message to "/3/globalMute" and sends it forward
    -> to TotalmixFX to hopefully syncing the button.

By this principle I would convert/reconvert all TotalmixFX OSC messages with page numbers other than /1/ so that all syncs in a perfect way. This should be totally independent of controller combinations with different leading page numbers within one TouchOSC controller page.

Any ideas? I am grateful for each assistance.

I think, if this problem is solved, you will get some new OSCulator customers

Hi subtune,

Have you tried creating the OSC routes required to do the translation?
    I don't see any problem doing this.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

I hoped I could get a few hints of how to do or a single example to route and reroute those addresses This seems to be simple for experts

Comment

No one

Comment

Working...
        X