Need TouchOSC toggle to send same command on 0 & 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need TouchOSC toggle to send same command on 0 & 1

First let me state that I've been using TouchOSC for some time now, but am finally getting into using OSCulator A LOT more and am having some problems. The first being the Toggle Button in TouchOSC.

This is what I would love to be able to do:
    I want the toggle button when pressed (activated) to activate 'Punch In/Out' (key command 'option+Pad3')
    and when pressed again (deactivated) to de-activate 'Punch In/Out' (which is another press of key command 'option+Pad3')

In OSCulator I see that the toggle button in 'quick look' when activated is 1.0 and when deactivated is 0.0.
    When in use in Digital Performer I press the toggle button it activates (1.0) the 'Punch In/Out' option.
    But when i touch the toggle button again to de-activate it (0.0), it does not send a command to Digital Performer at all. I need to press the toggle again (activate) in order for the 'Punch In/Out' to turn off.

Essentially what I'd like is the active and de-active state of the button to send the same command. Is this possible with some sort of routing or coding in OSCulator?

Thanks so much in advance for any help!
    Kevin
    Last edited by kriepl; 08-24-2015, 06:00 PM.
    TouchOSC (iPad) w/ Osculator
    Digital Performer 9

Hello Kevin,

Let's pretend you can switch 'Punch In/Out' using a toggle button (which I will explain later), how do you set its initial state (on or off)? This is something you need to consider, otherwise you will have an inconsistent state, e.g. TouchOSC shows an on button, but DP has 'Punch In/Out' off.

TouchOSC's toggle button sends its new state when it changes, but you want to act regardless of the input value. To get rid of the input value, I would suggest you create an OSC routing that has no arguments and set its target to 'L' (which means that OSC messages sent this OSC routing will be sent locally, i.e. the document currently open).

I have attached a document showing how it's done.

Best,
    Cam
    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you. That got it to work the way I wanted. But you're right about:
      how do you set its initial state (on or off)? This is something you need to consider, otherwise you will have an inconsistent state, e.g. TouchOSC shows an on button, but DP has 'Punch In/Out' off.
      If the Punch in/out in DP is already on, and the TouchOSC toggle is 'off', the commands will be backwards.
      Something I guess I can live with, unless there is a way. Other than making sure both TouchOSC and DP match before I go turning it on and off.

Thank you so much for the help.
      Prior to your reply, I was trying to accomplish this with the 'Split' or 'Demux' options in OSCulator. I don't think I ever figured it out.

Best
      Kevin
      TouchOSC (iPad) w/ Osculator
      Digital Performer 9

Comment

Working...
      X