Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NI Kontakt script MIDI output to Osculator

Hi guys,

Recently i've been busy programming my new template for TouchOSC on my iPad.
    I use ProTools as DAW and VEP5 for all of my sample libraries.
    All of this runs over 3 Macs (2x Mac Pro, 1x Macbook Pro)

Runs very smooth till now so no problems with this, the thing is though, it would be nice to have MIDI feedback from the sample libraries.

For instance, if i change a parameter with my mouse inside for instance Kontakt, witch is bound onto a MIDI CC for TouchOSC, i would like to see the toggle switch or fader/encoder update onto my iPad in TouchOSC.

I honestly don't know if VEP5 is even able to sent MIDI from inside to the outside of an instance?

In the manual of Osculator, i've seen this is possible in Ableton, but until now i didn't got it working.

What did i do until now:

- Bound the MIDI CC (in my case Channel 1, CC20) to the right parameter in Kontakt
    - Set Osculator to the right MIDI parameters on the toggle switch
    - Created a feedback message (/midi/cc20/1) -> 1 > /1/toggle1
    - Tested with a standalone instance of Kontakt 5 to sent MIDI from kontakt to the outside world

So sending MIDI inside a instance of VEP5 works fine, over the network or on the local machine.
    But transcoding MIDI to OSC with Osculator won't do anything.

I hope you guys can help me further up the road..

Thanks a lot for your interest and help so far!

Hi martijns,

The "back-mapping" feature of OSCulator works automatically, that is, if OSCulator receives a message from MIDI that matches an existing mapping from MIDI to OSC, it will automatically create the OSC mapping for you. It seems there is no MIDI feedback in your case (but I could be wrong because I don't know the details of the plugins you use).

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Working...
    X