Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIDI coming in on all channels

Hi,

i'm working on a setup involving OSCulator, touch OSC, an Allen&Heath Xone 92 controller, Traktor and Ableton.
    However i get a weird phenomenon that when the controller sends his encoder data to OSCulator on CC 1 & 2, channel 14 it arrives there on all channels, auto connecting itself to OSC events as seen on the screen shot and triggering all kinds of funny stuff..

Does anybody have an idea for troubleshooting?

Thanks already!
    Attached Files

Hi resu,

This happens because OSCulator tries to be smart but ridiculously fails.
    In the same document you certainly have incoming OSC events, that are mapped to MIDI CC.
    So when OSCulator receives the same MIDI CC, it tried to map them back to OSC.

To get rid of that mapping, just "unconfigure" the MIDI CC messages by selecting the "Event Type" menu and setting it to "–" (none).

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Hi Cam,

thanks so much for this quick and precise answer. you seriously made my weekend. I was just about to start a painstakling process of redistributing the MIDI CCs in a way that no collisions can happen. Actually i should ve found the solution myself but i tried disabling and deleting them and when it didnt work i failed at being smart too

And thanks for OSCulator. I'm really happy about this programme as i'm having trouble with the way controllers behave since years already and this finally makes it possible to connect things without too shaky workarounds...

Have a nice weekend

Comment

Working...
      X