Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiple Outputs / keeping patches isolated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Outputs / keeping patches isolated?

I am not even sure how to phrase this...

My issue is I'd like to attach multiple devices (wiimotes, dj hero, balance board, Quartz WebCam Piano OSC patch) to Reason, and attach them to different Reason modules. However, since OSCulator only has a single 'OSCulator Out' showing up, I can't seem to 'Lock to Device' properly, as everything running in OSCulator locks to said device, since it's all coming in via the 'OSCulator Out'. I can't keep them isolated. I thought maybe adding ports in Audio/MIDI set-up to the OSCUlator out might help, but I wasn't able to find any way to define these newly made MIDI ports in the software.

Optimally I would like to have different .oscd files for each device, but a concurrent problem I'm having is isolating Wii devices into their own .oscd files; when I bring another controller live, it shows up in all open patches as button are hit, making a big old mess of everything. Is it possible to have isolated .oscd files running concurrently, or do I have to rethink how I build my patches to be each more project specific?

The only example I can give really is the WebCam piano .oscd file that runs via quartz, even when I change it's OSC ports, is 'invaded' by my Wiimote (or Wiimote based toys) when I use it, even though I have a separate .oscd file running for the Wii-Device. Immediately the accels and pitch/yaw/roll show up in the WebCam Piano patch, then anything pressed comes live as well. Its making things messy and tough to build anything solid. I feel like having multiple OSCulator MIDI out ports would solve all this up; Any kind of understanding or help would be appreciated. I'm almost burnt out on hacking away at this.. Might just go analog art for the afternoon.

Thanks,
    Pete

Hi Pete,

An easy way to do this would be to use several OSCulator documents as you suggested.
    To avoid the Wiimote to act on the other documents, just unactivate it wil the Wiimote list. Each Wiimote has a toggle button that lets you choose which one is active or not in the present document.

Let me know if that helps.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Working...
    X