Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending OSC message from Sysex Input

Hello,

i'm using Reason 8 and Remote with TouchOSC. I have a remote file that creates a Sysex Message whenever i change the name of a device, in this case Subtractor.

I can see the Sysex in the Osculator log. Problem is that i don't have a clue how i could transform this Sysex so that the info in the TouchOSC label gets updated. I know that part of the Sysex is variable. Is it possible to translate this part into an OSC?

Do you need more infos?

Thank you.

Hi,

Yes! OSCulator 3 allows you to describe a SysEx with a template, and use it both directions.

You can start by creating a MIDI Template directly from the MIDI message logged in the monitor. If you hover your mouse over the received MIDI messages, you can see a disclosure arrow on the right. Click the arrow and choose "New MIDI Template From Selection":
    New MIDI Template From Selection.png
    From there you will need to parametrize the template so OSCulator knows how to extract the value.

I can describe further how to do that, but it would be best if I knew the exact definition of the received SysEx message. This is usually given in reference manuals, if you are not sure just find the manual and send it to me at camille at osculator dot net.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Hi Cam,

thank you for your answer.

The Sysex Message is created by a Reason Remote Codec in Lua.

I don't know if this helps:

The Sysex is 21 Bytes long. The script is executed in Remote via make_lcd_midi_message(text) and beginns with f0 11 22 33 10. The next 16 bytes are the variable itself.

The documentation for the Remote stuff is attached.

Thank you.

Edit: The target in TouchOSC is a label named /LCD
      Attached Files
      Last edited by MadMarcsen; 11-14-2016, 10:45 PM.

Comment

AH AH, but I did not noticed the variable was a string and that is, unfortunately, not supported at the moment.
        Though we could run an experiment... please let me think about this, I'll be right at you.

Comment

Hey Cam,

thank you very much for investigating. If you come up with an idea, i will test this for sure.

Are there plans to implement this to future versions of Osculator?

Thank you,

Marc

Comment

I just sent you a build that I hope wlil help you solve this.

Comment

Working...
            X