Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Midi Note Send with Velocity Parameters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midi Note Send with Velocity Parameters?

Hi Everybody

I have a Problem and aim not a Midi Nerd.
    I have a Wii Remote all is Ok and i wanna send a Midi Note:

B0 Note On / Off 0-63

I can send a Midi Note B0 0-127 but how i can send the the Velocity wit the Midi Note is this Possible?

The thing is i wanna control a Mute Button with Midi and the
    on One Midi Note are 2 Controls but wit the Velocity and i bus send the Velocity with the Control.
    Ich look with Midi Monitor Which Midi note i need B0 is not a Problem but with the 0-63 Parameters i dont know how i can send.

Note On 1 B0 63
    Note Off 1 B0 0

Note On 1 B0 127
    Note Off 1 B0 0

Thank you for you’re Help.

Benn

Hallo Benn,

This depends on how you generate the MIDI Note.
    What event do you use?

If you use MIDI Note / B0, then you can change the MIDI Velocity by using the MIDI Note / Channel Velocity event like here:

Channel Velocity.png

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Hello Cam

I Used Midi Note / B0 and i want send this note with velocity on/off with 63/0 not with 127 like standart... you know?...

midinote.png

Comment

Or is this only Possible with Midi Message?... I hope you understand me because my english is not so good... I want Push Button 1 for Example and on this button must be send the midi Note B0 with 0-63, Is this Possibile or i must use a other way ?

Comment

Dear Giza,

There are many solutions to do this, but I found a bug in the current version of OSCulator 3 that prevents me from explaining right now. I am working on a fix, and will back soon.

What MIDI device are you trying to control?

Comment

The Setup is a Mixing Desk from Allen & Heath GLD80 this Desk have Midi and i wann Control the Mute Button from Channel 4. For Example with a Wii Remote.
            The Midi Messages on the Desk are Fix you cant change. I Record the Midi Data from the Mute button. And is this what i Write.
            When i Acitvate the Mute Botton its:
            Note On 1 B0 127
            Note Off 1 B0 0

When I push the Mute Button again its:
            Note On 1 B0 63
            Note Off 1 B0 0

So i build the Setup with the wii remote and everything is nice i can control Midi over Osculator and when i say that button1 on the Wii Remote make Midi Note B0 an i Push the Button then i Acivate the Mute on the Desk everything is fine. But i Cant deactivate because i cant send on a other button Midi Note B0 only with 0/63 Velocity on one Button only with 0/127.... And thats my Question how i can send thise Midi Note with this parameters?

Comment

Dear Giza,

I had a look at Allen & Heath MIDI implementation documentation (get it here: GLD-MIDI-and-TCPIP-Protocol-V1.4_2.pdf).

This document covers all details you need to know in order to control their consoles.

What you are trying to do is best done with MIDI Templates, instead of MIDI Notes, you have much more control on what exactly you send. I also guess that you would like to be able to toggle between mute on and off states, which is something I am ready to explain as soon as you confirm the MIDI we generate (as explained later in this post) is working.

As you described (and as it is in the A&H manual) you want to send a sequence of MIDI bytes as follows:

• to activate Mute on Channel 1:
                90 20 7F 90 20 00

• to deactivate Mute on Channel 1:
                90 20 3F 90 20 00

This is in effect a sequence of a Note On, followed by a Note Off, but this is not important that these are notes.

In OSCulator, open the Parameters window and create a new MIDI Template, then change its settings as in this picture (there are 3 settings to change):
              A&H Mute Template.jpg
              This is for Mute On, repeat the same steps for Mute Off.

You can then assign the message you a button of the Wiimote, and see if it trigger and Mute On or Off change on your console. You can also monitor the output of OSCulator to see if it outputs the right MIDI.

Please let me know if that works for you, and if you need to know how to set things up to toggle between the two MIDI events.

Best,
              Cam

Comment

Dear Cam

Super Nice its Work Like this. I Try in the first Time with Midi Message But i Forgot this Settings Downstairs to Change. Now it Works thank you for this amazing Support. Now is my Next Challenge how i can Control the Fader with the raw fucttion of the Wii Control. This is a litte bit more complicate i think... Thank you from Germany and have a happy New year

best Giza

Comment

Working...
                X