Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meyer Sound - MIDI to OSC Command

Hi. I'm new to OSculator.

I am trying to use a behringer x touch USB MIDI Controller to send MIDI to OSCulator and then convert the MIDI to OSC and send that to a Meyer Sound Galileo.

Meyer Sound use really basic OSC commands like /Input/A/Mute or /Input/A/Gain

Meyer Sound use port 15006 as there send and receive ports.

I have worked out how to send MIDI from the X Touch into OSCulator but I am stuck when it comes to sending or receiving OSC to and from the Galileo.

I have read the user manual but there is not a lot of info and I can't find any how to videos.

I have attached the Meyer Sound OSC docs with all the info for there products

Really need some help please.
    Attached Files

Hi Chris,

Before doing bi-directional mapping, I would start sending OSC to Galileo and see if that works. This seems very professional gear, and with a 36 manual pages, so be sure to know the difficulty of this project.

In order to send an OSC message to a device you first need to define the OSC Target. This is the network device that will receive OSC message sent from OSCulator.

The first thing I looked in the manual is how do you get the IP address of the Galileo device, or if the device itself publishes its presence using Zeroconf. I will leave that to you, if you want to know if the device publishes its presence automatically, check the gear menu in the OSC targets like in this screenshot:
    Zeroconf.png
    If you see the name of your device in the, then use it, this is the most simple way to configure an OSC target. The default OSC target is configured to the first device found on the network using this method.

If your device is not in the list, you will have to enter its address manually, typically something like <ip-address>:<receive-port>

Now that you defined the target, you can create OSC Routings. I can't go in details, everything is explained in the manual, but here's a start:

• click the + button (lower left) to add a new OSC Routing
    • double click the new entry to edit its properties, change the address to what you need (/Input/1/Mute)

I can see from Meyer's manual that the input must be converted to a OSC Bool value, which is not supported by OSCulator at the moment. I have noted this as a new feature request. You could try with an Integer type instead.

Here's an example of a OSC Routing for /Input/1/Gain:
    Meyer Input Gain.png
    Please let me know if you have questions.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Thanks for the super quick reply.

I have done everything you have listed in your reply. The only thing I didn't know was OSC Bool value. Now that I am using /Input/1/Gain: I am seeing Mute A button flash on for a sec and then off again when triggered.

Do I need to toggle the mute to stay on?
      Attached Files
      Last edited by cdbais; 12-23-2016, 11:46 AM.

Comment

I have several remarks:

• The address you entered has a colon at the end, I don't believe this should be there.
        • You say you are using /Input/1/Gain, but your screenshot shows /Input/1/Mute, was this intended?

So, there are several things to learn here:
        • The way the Galileo reads OSC seems quite robust, as it ignores the trailing colon in the address
        • It seems it converts float values to bool without complaining (the doc says /Mute messages accept bool, but the screenshot shows you are sending floats)

I think you are on the right track!

Comment

Sorry I am using /Input/A/Mute as per the screen shoot.

I will keep playing around. I have a few things I can try.

I can see in the monitor window when I trigger the message I sends a , f1.00 and then a ,f 0.00. Is that sending a on / off command?

Comment

Working...
          X