Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to connect Kyma with drawing program (e.g., PhotoShop or PaintX)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to connect Kyma with drawing program (e.g., PhotoShop or PaintX)

I am trying to have Pen X,Y,Z (et al) control from Wacom IntuosPro simultaneously control Kyma audio and drawing images. Wacom controls each program separately, but not together. Symbolic Sound Corp. has suggested using OSCulator, and I have OSCulator 3.1.1 now installed, but am not clear on how to set up the routing for this plan to succeed. Suggestions and advise heartily requested and welcome! Thanks.

Hi,

I think you would want to use the Wacom tablet with no "mouse locking", that is, activate the Wacom table at all times. This will allow you to send the events to Kyma, while still allowing input for a drawing program like Photoshop.

To send events to Kyma:
    - you can use a Kyma CC event which translates to a hot variable like !cc42 in Kyma. This is the most simple way of interacting with Kyma. See the manual for more advanced operations like using a Global Map so you see the real names of your hot variables in OSCulator.
    - you can route the Wacom OSC messages to the Pacarana directly via the Ethernet network. This is more complex and requires to set-up a network between your Mac and the Pacarana (which can merely be a cable, but still, that's one more cable in addition to the Firewire cable).

Let me know if you have other questions.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Working...
    X