macOS Sierra - Keycode and Key Combos not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• macOS Sierra - Keycode and Key Combos not working

I'm experiencing an issue with Osculator 3.1.1 on 10.12.3. As I have not used this particular setup for a long time, I am not sure if this is an issue with 10.12 or a general Osculator issue.

I set up a simple rule to map a message to a keycode or a key combo (tested both):
    Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 10.31.52.png

When sending the message, I can clearly see the rising end falling edges in the signal window and the little light turns yellow and green for a bit, but the keycode never gets triggered. Sending MIDI messages and moving the mouse cursor works fine, for the record. Since I seem to be unable to get it working and I was also not able to get anything useful from any logs, I'd greatly appreciate some help.

Hi,

I just tested a similar setup and have not been to reproduce the issue.
    Would you please mind contacting me by e-mail and send you file to camille at osculator dot net?
    I'll have a better look and maybe be able to find the issue you have.

Thanks!
    Cam

Comment

Just sent you an email. Thanks for your support!

Comment

Thank you for sending the file.

In this file, you have configure to send keyboard events by default to an app named OBS.

It turns out there is a bug where the app is not added the Default Target menu when this app is not installed on the system. The bug has been fixed and will be included in the next release.

In the meantime, if you want to workaround this bug, simply select an app in the Default Target, then back to Frontmost.

Best,
        Cam

Comment

I have an update on this issue.

Another user contacted me about OBS not reacting to Key Combo events. It turns out that sending a Key Combo with key modifiers (Command, Shift, or Option) does not work. It looks like a bug with OBS. The workaround is to use simple key events, that is, a Key Combo with just a key (no modifiers), or a Key Code would work as well.

Comment

Working...
          X