Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OSC Arguments based on direction of knob turn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSC Arguments based on direction of knob turn?

I'm attempting to use the encoder knobs on an Behringer X-Touch Compact with the ETC EOS Nomad software to send OSC messages for Pan and Tilt. The EOS is looking for the OSC message /eos/wheel/pan with a float arguement of -1.0 for counter clockwise or 1.0 for clockwise. I've been trying to make this work for hours... how can I do this?

Hello midiMac,

You need to create OSC Routes that are triggered on decreasing or increasing input.

Here's how I would do:

1. Open the Parameters window, open the OSC tab, and create a new OSC routing (click the + button at the bottom left)
    2. Check the target of the OSC routing (first column #) so it matches your target OSC device
    3. Configure the routing as per the screenshot. For the negative argument routing, I have changed:
      • the address to /eos/wheel/pan,
      • typed -1.0 then pressed space in the arguments list
      • changed Send Message When: "the value is decreasing"
        decreasing.png

4. Repeat this operation for the positive argument routing, but instead enter 1.0 in the arguments list
    5. Close the Parameters window, back to the main list select the incoming MIDI message to which you want to assign the OSC message
    6. Choose Edit -> Duplicate or press Command-D to add a duplicate
    7. Assign the two OSC Routings to each duplicate, as per this screenshot
      increase decrease duplicates.png

Attached is a file with the previous modifications.

Let me know if that works for you.

Best,
    Cam
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

I just started mapping my Allen&Heath Xone:32 to EOS via Osculator. Everything works fine so far but now I would like to set the 4 encoders to pan/tilt etc. . The problem is the controller doesn't send increasing oder decreasing values out of the encoders. When I turn right it send value of 1 (BD 00 01) and leftwards a value of 127 (BD 00 7F). I tried to manage to translate this states in Osculatur but I cannot find a solution.

Is there a way to make it work?

Greets,

Claes

Comment

Working...
      X