Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monone users (??!)

Any monome user ?

I´m having problems with connection, nothing is detected.

Tell us what you're doing with OSCulator.

congratulations for forum.

Hey digitalite,

Oh well, this is a good question.

Monome support has never been as smooth as I wanted, and I got my hands on one only once.

When you say nothing is detected, are you saying that OSCulator doesn't display any message in the list? Are you using the latest version (2.7.1)? What steps did you follow to configure the monome so it sends OSC messages?

Once you get the network configuration ok, you can try this template. Here is a default template for the Monome (right click and "save as …"). I never published it in the Sample Patches, because I never thought monome support was good enough to be more publicized …

However, with the new automatic configuration, it should be fairly easy to bridge a monome with Logic or Live (so that OSCulator sends back OSC data to the monome), but I would like to test it on a real monome before being sure it works properly. I have a friend who has one, so I will give it a try.

Best,

Cam

Comment

Hello Camile,

Yes, i´m using the latest version, i follow a youtube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Tqh-ljmV78) and now all is working fine, my problem was with the network configuration, solved!

Thanks for the template, congratulations by OSCulator.

Comment

Great !

Comment

cam , do you still have that monome template around ? the link provided in this old thread is broken. i wish i could try that.

ive been trying to set up my monome with resulome avenue for months. ive tried processing sketches, max patches and so far osculator is the simplest app ive found so far for users like me (not coders) . ive succesfully mapped via midi but the visual feedback is always the problem. as you probably know, resolume software only accepts incoming osc.

Comment

Here it is, but I am not sure it will work if your monome does not send a message to the address "/40h/press". You will need to do the "Demux" by hand then, or change the address in serialio.
            Attached Files

Comment

thanks cam, monome template is not included in latest install, i swear.

ive tried it already and the template does not work for my 40hz, however osculator receives the new osc message (that is the same as template 40hz/press, weird) and im beginning to demux, so far columns have been recognized but not rows. (following your instructions in monome.org post yes its me!! )

ill keep you informed .

Comment

Thanks cam

i have already managed to demux all my monome grid (it appears to be exactly the same as your template though osculator now recognizes messages, with template it didnt, weird)

as i told you before i tried different methods to achive my goal and this is the closest ive got, and im really close. so i will be bothering you with more non-stupid questions untll i succeed or WE find a wall in front)

heres the scenario: i will map my monome 64 to resolume avenue using osc messages via monomeserial.

These are my settings:

MonomeSerial: i/o protocol: osc host address: 127.0.0.1 Host Port: 7001 Listen Port: 7000 Address Pattern Prefix: /40hz

Resolume Avenue 3 Preferences: OSC: ENABLED Bundles: DISABLED Incoming Port: 7000

Osculator: Self made monome grid template (64 buttons; ill implement tilt movements if this goes fine) OSC Input Port: 7001

now this is where im getting stuckt. im using button 7,7 as a test for sending messages via osculator.

resolume osc documentation is kinda clear but its the same level im having problems with osculator. and i quote:

"Effects are accessed through the object that they are attached to. Each effect sits in the audio or video property group depending on whether it is an audio or a video effect.
                So to access the first video effect on the composition, you would use composition/video/effect1
                To access the second audio effect on the first layer you would use layer1/audio/effect2 "

Effect properties within resolume are the following:

Property Type Value(s)
                bypassed toggle 0 and 1
                opacity parameter 0 and 1
                param(1-n) parameter 0 and 1

For the following please follow skull color codes in reference picture i posted.

So, now im at my resolume's mapping editor and my goal is to bypass bendoscope effect, which as you can see by the left bottom corner has an address:

/composition/video/effect1/bypassed i where we know i will be 0 or 1 depending on the state

i must be doing something wrong within osculator routing thingy

i get the (no args) message shoing in value.

I believ im not using correctly the Osc Routing Editor theres a field for rewrite address (not shure exactly what i should be putting here) and another for arguments (not sure either i whould put here the 0 or 1 value and so) . So a brief help on the osc routing editor would be awesome!!!!!! i swear i will do a tutorial after this for all those who encounter this same problems)

hope you can help with this.

greetings from central mexico

hernan siordia

Comment

Hey Hernan,

i have already managed to demux all my monome grid (it appears to be exactly the same as your template though osculator now recognizes messages, with template it didnt, weird)
                  It seems your monome uses the /40hz prefix while mine uses the /40h prefix.

[...]
                  i get the (no args) message shoing in value.

I believ im not using correctly the Osc Routing Editor theres a field for rewrite address (not shure exactly what i should be putting here) and another for arguments (not sure either i whould put here the 0 or 1 value and so) . So a brief help on the osc routing editor would be awesome!!!!!! i swear i will do a tutorial after this for all those who encounter this same problems)
                  You're almost there !
                  You say that you need to send a message with an integer argument that controls the state of effect, right? So why are you using a route with no arguments? This is where the problem lies, you need too add an argument to your route.

By default, routes are created with a <all args> token, which means that the OSC Routing copies all the input arguments to the output message it sends. You don't need to delete that token. Just put it back, and it should work.

Best,
                  Cam

Comment

camille i set the arguments token again.

osculator shows osc output but cant map within resolume. incoming port 7000 in resolume is enabled, budles off, but i cant map anything at all, as you can see in attached pic, signal from osculator out is OK. routing seems to be fine, but nothing happens.

might there be a conflict with the INCOMING port of resolume ? im using 3 pieces of software, avenue, osculator and monomeserial, all of them using 7000 and 7001 as defaults . ive tried different port configurations with the same result.

tried using resolume's osc out test button and as well im receiving a signal in osculator. so the problem is from still routing osculator to avenue

Comment

http://picasaweb.google.com/ziordiko...47268405455554 sorry heres my screenshot

Comment

I have no exact idea of how the ports are configured in your setup.
                        Here's an advice : you can have only one port opened at a time one one computer.
                        That means that if OSCulator is set to listen to data on port 7001, resolute should be set to something else, for example 7000.
                        However, two devices can send data to the same port. For example you could have serialio and TouchOSC send messages to the same port on your computer. Here I understand that they should send data to port 7001.

Now if you have Resolume setup with port 7000, the OSC routing in OSCulator should be configured with the target "localhost:70020.

I hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by camille View Post
                          . Here I understand that they should send data to port 7001.

Now if you have Resolume setup with port 7000, the OSC routing in OSCulator should be configured with the target "localhost:70020.

I hope this helps!
                          did you really mean 70020 ???

thnak you really for all your support. wont bother u more.... for a while

greetings

Comment

no no of course, 7002, sorry it was a typo.

Comment

yeeeeei!!!!!!. got it finally, it was as we tought a port issue. These were my final settings: Serialio or monomeserial host port: 7001, Serialio or monomeseria listen port: 7000. Osculator OSC input port: 7001 Osculator address sent to : localhost:8000. Resolume avenue preferences: Osc incoming Port: 8000 with bundles OFF.

Response is awesome, real fast, though the button is not working as a toggle button as i expected. The button is activated only for as long as i keep my monome button pressed, but thats another story. Ill dig into that tomorrow... off to watch a couple of soccer games at the pub.

im thankful camille, i mean it. ill keep you posted.

Comment

Working...
                              X