Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flip X/Y pad

Hi -

I'm blown away by this app, it's incredible. I've so far managed to solve basically all of the problems I was having with it and it's running really nicely for me now, but one thing is still bugging me.

When I'm using TouchOSC on my iphone to control the X/Y pads in Ableton, with OSCulator as a bridge between the two, the movement along the X axis on the phone is opposite to the movement on the screen, so when I scroll my thumb up the pad, the marker on the screen in Live moves down, and vice versa. (I'm definitely not holding the phone upside down, by the way! If I turn it the other way the X axis is corrected, but the Y axis is then the wrong way round.) I'm assuming the change has to be made in OSCulator with the MIDI output for the particular channel that is controlling the X axis. So what I want to know is, can you flip the X axis by 180 degrees, and if so, how?

Thanks for any help!

When you assign midi to X just control click on the parameter name in the upper left side

of Ableton and click "Invert Range". I never had problem like that but it will do the trick.

Comment

Hi Martin,

Tomislav is right this is how you can do it right now.

In a future release, you will be able to make it from osculator.

Best,

Cam

Comment

Thanks for the replies - I can't believe I missed the Invert Range command in Live; I must've spent a good hour hunting for a solution and thought it must be something in osculator which I needed to change.

I think I must've accidentally flipped the control parameters myself without noticing, for it to behave like this in the first place. Silly me.

Cheers for the help you two!

Comment

Working...
        X