What about other joysticks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about other joysticks?

Is there any chance you might be developing support for all OSX HID devices? E.g. if it works on OSX as a joystick, OSCulator automatically has access to it through core APIs?

I've used other apps that translate my XBOX controllers and rockband equipment to keystrokes, midi, etc., but it doesn't look like OSCulator does.

Comment

yes, I will about it since you are not the first person to ask for such a feature.

actually, my goal is to have a clean HID input implementation for version 3, which will be a complete rewrite of osculator, and on which I am currently working. that project will not be completed before some time.

another option for the meantime would be to write a quick and dirty hid to osc translator and integrate it in osculator or use it aside. however, it will be some work to make a clean mapping between HID, which is a relatively "sparse" protocol, and osculator. also I would need to cleanly support multi-device input, hot plug, etc, which makes me hesitate on investing time on writing something I'll have to (partly) rewrite anyway.

if there is more requests for HID input on osculator, I will surely integrate it in osculator version 2.

cam

Comment

An HID input feature would be really useful for me too. I have a joystick i'd like to use with OCSCulator.

Comment

Hey Bitbutter,

Just out of curiosity, what is the joystick model you would like to use?

Cam

Comment

This feature would be much appreciated. I use Logitech (freedom 2.4).

There is also something else I´ve been looking all over for, and thats an application to convert MIDI input to HID output.

Is this possible to integrate ?

Comment

This feature would be very much appreciated. Personally i use a Logitech freedom 2.4.

Is there any possibility to include MIDI input -> HID output. So that MIDI devices can control HID on the computer.

Cant fint any other app which can do this. That would be awesome.

Comment

I just want to bump this as I would really love to have generic HID support in onsculator.

Comment

Working...
                X