x y value splitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• x y value splitting

I think someone else was talking about this in another post and i think they are trying to do a similar thing to me,

ive created a little multi touch table and ive used the split function to split the x value so i can assign one note to one side of the table (x hi = C4) and another note to the other side (x lo = D4) to create a makeshift drum machine or keyboard with 2 pads.

now if i wanted to create one with 4 pads id have to split the y value aswell but id have to somehow create a statement in osculator that says something like this:

Code:
    if
    {
       x lo = 1
       and
       y lo = 1
    }

send note C4
    and then for the next pad

if
    {
       x hi = 1
       and
       y lo = 1
    }
    send note D4

and so on for the other two pads
    does that make sense?

can this be done in the present version?
    Last edited by camille; 06-22-2011, 01:33 PM.

not in the current version … but send me an email and I send you back a beta.

what you are trying to do is conceptually natural, but unfortunately not easy in osculator. not easy to explain as well. I'll try to get those complex features right in osculator 3. it should be alright :-) in the meantime you will be able to do that at the price of some configuration.

Comment

I made multitouch table too, and i wanted to make something similar.

But as Camille said its hard to get it to work like that. I had most success

with cur/alive parameter. I am still trying to do this and Osculator 2.8b is

looking promising. I have some work these days and when I an done I will keep testing it.

If you get some good results please let me know.

Comment

To Cam:

Yeah i will send you an email shortly requesting that beta version for sure. You must be snowed under with all the beta versions you have been creating for everyone!

To Tom / Cam:

yeah I was having success with the alive parameter best aswell but the way that Tbeta works it seems you can only get 1 sound with your 1st finger then as you are holding down that finger you need to press with your second to get the 2nd sound so you can never get the second sound without first playing the 1 sound (if that makes sense?) This is a Tbeta issue though, I don't think much can be done in OSCulator to remedy this

I did have some limited success with the x value splitting where i attached the 1st sound to the (x hi) trigger and the second to the (x lo) trigger and was able to create a 2 pad drum machine but it seems the only way you could trigger each sound was by stroking you finger across a threshold

for the (x hi) to trigger the midi note it seemed that i needed tbeta to give an x value of 0.75 (roughly) but it only triggered when going up ie x = 0.7-->0.75-->0.8 and did not trigger on the way down.

on the other side of this to trigger the (x lo) midi note you needed to stroke down over an x value of 0.25 ie x = 0.3-->0.25-->0.2

Cam im not sure if im totally right here but from what ive seen from playing with my toys i think that is the case (please correct me if i am wrong)

Is there any way to make OSCuator trigger the midi note at any value of (x lo) and any value of (x hi)?

many thanks

Comment

This is a Tbeta issue though, I don't think much can be done in OSCulator to remedy this.

Honestly, I don't know how TBeta works, but for that, I would use the MIDI Note Param called "Index". This is how you want to make polyphony with MIDI Notes. Or configure many MIDI Note w/ Params messages …

To split an input at a different value than 0.5, you need the upcoming version.
          This is so configurable it could be a dream, or a nightmare, it depends on who is doing the configuration.

:-)
          Last edited by camille; 06-22-2011, 01:34 PM.

Comment

what do you think about it only triggering the midi notes at certain points on the pad?

Comment

with the next version you'll be able to do that, but at the price of some complicated configuration. i'm working on something better, but that won't be out before the next big update.

Comment

ok nice

Comment

Working...
                X