Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clock-Midi/OSC

Hello World,

Nice to see the board picking up! Looks good.

I would like to be able to translate Midi clock incoming to OSCulator and output an equivalent OSC clock, start/stop, etc... and of course, the other way around. This would allow better functionality with several of these iPhone seq's as well as that little problem with Tiction not (yet) taking Midi clock.

Possible with the code? Thanks!

A

Good idea!

I'll open a support ticket for that feature.

Comment

do you think it would be possible to send midi clock signals from one comp to another over osc?

i mean could it possible to sync 2 copies of ableton together over bluetooth?

Comment

Hey PushMusic

It's possible in OSX natively. The network device in the Audio/Midi setup window will allow you to configure a midi port to any other comp on the network.(i be happy to detail this for you if you wish, but it's pretty friendly) This works great for me at the home studio, especially for experiments;I'v also used it to sync to instances of Live on multiple machines with no problems*(works best ad hoc, not a router!) On stage it can be a little shaky due to interference, so we run a hard line---but I'm really starting to trust this little device...http://www.cme-pro.com/products-list...ct-widixu.html (how to code a link?) ; )

Hope this helps...

AΩ

Comment

I think what Adam suggests is much better than using OSCulator to broadcast clock messages. OSCulator doesn't currently support sending time aligned OSC messages. That means that during the transport of messages on the network, they could suffer some jitter or latency due to the network. This may be corrected in a later version, but for this specific MIDI problem, you can use the Networked MIDI driver provided by OS X as Adam says.

Comment

yeah i think that suggestion would probably be best but i was thinking of ways to midi sync my macbook with my friends windows machine.

ive had a hunt around and there are ways to do it via a network or firwire cable but it sounds complicated

i had the thought that maybe it would be easier to transport the messages through osc messages or tuio but i think maybe the network would be the best way

if anyone else on here has found a better way of syncing 2 computers please let us know

Comment

what about using a simple MIDI cable?

Comment

well i dont have a midi input in either computer, so id have to buy some sort of interface, im looking for cheap and cheerful

Comment

you can start with the networked MIDI and see how it goes.

check out the Audio MIDI Setup application.

if you want a cheap MIDI interface there is the M-Audio MIDISport 2x2, cheap and sturdy :

Comment

Working...
                  X