Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wiimote joystick: how do I create different MIDI outputs based on button pushes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiimote joystick: how do I create different MIDI outputs based on button pushes?

Okay, so osculator is amazing, I'm using it with TouchOSC and my Wiimote. So far I haven't needed to buy any kind of midi controller because I'm having too much fun.

There is one thing that would make this Wiimote a 983247928374 times more powerful than it is right now. Perhaps there is a way to do this but I cannot figure it out.

I want it so when I push A it maps MIDI CC values 0,1,2,3 to x(lo),x(hi),y(lo),y(hi). Then when I hit B I want CC values 4,5,6,7 to be mapped to x(lo),x(hi),y(lo),y(hi).

Thanks all!

Luke

Just to clarify:

When I hold down A I want 4 different midi controls via the joystick. When I let A go I want the joystick to do nothing at all. When I hold down B I want 4 different midi controls via the joystick. Same with +, -, C, Z, 1, 2....

Comment

Hey Taiden,

There are two answers:
      • first you can use presets, but it won't work on latch press of a button, only if you release a button (that could be cool to activate a preset only if a button is still pressed, tho
      • the other option I am thinking about is ugly and would be to:
        1. duplicate (command-D) the joystick arguments so you can assign the 4 MIDI CCs you want (for the moment all MIDI CCs are sent together)
        2. uncheck the 'enable' checkbox on the left and leave only one set of x/y arguments active
        3. split button A and for each splits, duplicate them. you have now two splits or two duplicates, that makes 4 slots that you can use for the next step.
        4. in the two 'hi' slots, assign a Meta Latch Enable with a value pointing the first set of X/Y values
        5. in the two 'lo' slots, assign a Meta Latch Enable with a value pointing the other set of X/Y values

Complex, uh?

Send me an email at camille at osculator dot net and I'll send you a document configured just like this.

Best,

Cam

Comment

I forgot to mention that is example is very similar to what is made in the Wiimouse exemple (where you can switch from acceleration based mouse, to joystick based mouse).

Comment

Working...
        X