PDA

View Full Version : wiimote joystick: how do I create different MIDI outputs based on button pushes?

taiden
03-18-2009, 04:47 AM
Okay, so osculator is amazing, I'm using it with TouchOSC and my Wiimote. So far I haven't needed to buy any kind of midi controller because I'm having too much fun.

There is one thing that would make this Wiimote a 983247928374 times more powerful than it is right now. Perhaps there is a way to do this but I cannot figure it out.

I want it so when I push A it maps MIDI CC values 0,1,2,3 to x(lo),x(hi),y(lo),y(hi). Then when I hit B I want CC values 4,5,6,7 to be mapped to x(lo),x(hi),y(lo),y(hi).

Thanks all!

Luke

taiden
03-18-2009, 05:09 AM
Just to clarify:

When I hold down A I want 4 different midi controls via the joystick. When I let A go I want the joystick to do nothing at all. When I hold down B I want 4 different midi controls via the joystick. Same with +, -, C, Z, 1, 2.... :)

camille
03-18-2009, 09:50 AM
Hey Taiden,

There are two answers:

first you can use presets, but it won't work on latch press of a button, only if you release a button (that could be cool to activate a preset only if a button is still pressed, tho

the other option I am thinking about is ugly and would be to:

duplicate (command-D) the joystick arguments so you can assign the 4 MIDI CCs you want (for the moment all MIDI CCs are sent together)

uncheck the 'enable' checkbox on the left and leave only one set of x/y arguments active

split button A and for each splits, duplicate them. you have now two splits or two duplicates, that makes 4 slots that you can use for the next step.

in the two 'hi' slots, assign a Meta Latch Enable with a value pointing the first set of X/Y values

in the two 'lo' slots, assign a Meta Latch Enable with a value pointing the other set of X/Y values

Complex, uh?

Send me an email at camille at osculator dot net and I'll send you a document configured just like this.

Best,

Cam

camille
03-18-2009, 09:55 AM
I forgot to mention that is example is very similar to what is made in the Wiimouse exemple (where you can switch from acceleration based mouse, to joystick based mouse).