Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more than 5 wii

Hello

I want to use 8 wiimote (without nunchuk) with osculator.

But I can connect only 5 wiimote.

When I try to connect more, the button search is blocked and I had to restart osculator...

Is there an issue ?

The bluethooth bandpass can accept 8 wiimote ?

Thank you

Best regards

Olivier

PS : I'm a new user of oscullator and thank you for this nice software.

Now it's possible the use sensors with soft without max or pd patch ! So great ! Thank you !

Hi Olivier,

Normally, you can connect up to 4 Wiimote without any problem, but having 5 or even 6 Wiimotes depends on the computer, and it's not possible to connect more.

However, what you can do is use OSCulator on a master computer where you connect 4 Wiimotes, and on another computer, connect 4 Wiimotes as well that you will forward with OSC. If the two computers are on the same local network, there is no much configuration needed: OSCulator automatically detects other running instance of the program.

Please note that there are 8 Wiimote slots to make it easy to change the configuration of a Wiimote, it doesn't mean that you can connect 8 Wiimotes on a single computer.

Best Regards,

Camille

Comment

Hello -

Have there been any updates or changes to this (the maximum number of wiimotes that can be connected)? Like the original poster, I have been able to connect 5 wiimotes at the same time, but when trying to connect the 6th it does not get recognized (the remote is confirmed good; if I restart osculator, it will connect, but then the new 6th will not connect). My mac is relatively recent (year or two) - Intel i5, 4GB RAM, MacOS 10.6 .

many thanks,
      donfede

Comment

Hi Federico,

I can not exactly tell as it depends on the Mac's built-in bluetooth receiver. Some users have been able to connect up to 7 wiimotes, that's the max I've seen so far. It is not depending on the driver's capabilities, rather on the hardware and the signal to noise ratio (i.e. if the radio waves are crowded with other radio signals in the area).

Best,
        Cam

Comment

Many thanks

Comment

Working...
          X