Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setup with Reason and Live

Hi there.

Ableton 7, Reason 4, Mac OSX 10.5.6. iTouch.

I have installed Touch OSC and OSCulator. However I dont see both ports (in Live) In the routings window I see that the itouch and OSCUlator are communicating but there is no midi output. The only port that I see in Live is the Out port. Also when I select the correct interface in Reason I dont see the midi activity being detected. Note : I am not running Reason as a rewire slave to Live, they are both seperate.

Other Kit - Novation Remote Zero, Akai MPK 49, PT Mbox 2 Pro

Hi,

I am sorry, but don't really understand what is happening, the description you made is a bit fuzzy :-)

A few questions:

- Could you please give me the version of OSCulator you are using?

- Are sure you launched OSCulator before going in Live's Preferences windows?

I have not tested OSCulator with Reason 4, but I guess it should work.

I will try on a evaluation demo copy.

Best,

Cam

Comment

Hi there - apologies for the fuzziness and thanks for getting back to me.

Version 2.8.1 OSCulator. I definitely launched the programme before going into Live. Perhaps the easiest way to explain it is I was following the Live tutorial but in Live preferences all I see is the OSCulator midi output port, but no input port. I have reinstalled a couple of times as well.

Hope thats a bit clearer!

Thanks

Comment

Thanks!

I have noticed there could be situations where some MIDI interfaces would fail to be allocated.

Could you please launch OSCulator, then launch the Console Log application and see if you can read a message like "Failed to assign a unique ID to OSCulator's virtual MIDI input (0x15c01470)." ?

I am about to release a new version, but I would like to solve this one before all.

The MIDI interface of OSCulator is normally a very stable component, but it seems there are rare cases where Live would not recognize it.

If I quickly find a solution, I will contact you directly be email and send you a beta.

Best,

Cam

Comment

Hi there. I have had a look in the console and I cant see any message like that. Also the midi interface is not recognised by Pro Tools (as a check), Reason or Live.

Thanks for that.

Comment

PS - do you want me to send some screenshots - just let me know

Thanks again

Comment

Hey Scatesey,

Yes, please! My address is camille at osculator dot net.

Could you please send Live's preferences (MIDI tab) screeshot?

I have spotted a small bug in the MIDI Input code, but nothing that would prevent MIDI input from starting.

The only reason why it couldn't start is if OSC input is not turned on as well.

If the big button at the bottom of the main window is red instead of blue, then the MIDI input will not be there.

It must be blue in order to work.

Anyway, I will send you a beta build very soon, I still have some details to finish this week-end.

Thanks for your patience!

Best,

Cam

Comment

Cam

I have sent you the screenshots

Thanks

Comment

Hi there.

Thanks to Cam I got it working in both Reason & Live. I downloaded the templates from hexler.net, opened them in OSCulator and once that the Midi cc was asigned from the template it worked a treat.

If anyone else has this issue - make sure that you have downloaded the templates and opened them in OSCulator - if the screen is in blank then its not going to work...

In Reason - setup as per a generic worksurface and then make sure that you have detected the port rather then just setting it. I was using the simple keyboard layout and tested it with a a Subtractor and its great.

Thanks again

Comment

Thanks Laurence!

Comment

Working...
                    X