Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some basic questions

Hi,

I just downloaded the demo and it seems like great software. I have managed to get some stuff working like using it as a pitch bender in EXS24. I just have some basic questions as i am new to mapping MIDI and all that:

-How do i know what CC Number the wiimote is using? (obviously i need to know the different CCs that relate to different movements so i can map them to different parameters)

-How do i then map a certain movement to a plugin or instrument parameter? (I know this isn't really related to OSCulator more to do with the DAW, but i figured you would be able to help. BTW i am using Logic)

Thanks

Hello shoebag,

If you connect a Wiimote, no automatic configuration is performed.

You might want to map yourself the MIDI CC messages. Thus, if you do it yourself, you know very precisely what CC are sent.

The answer to your second question is longer and more complicated! I know there is a lot of people that would like to know how to use OSCulator with Logic. I don't have a deep enough experience with Logic and MIDI to help you.

However, my friend Olivier Sebillote is currently writing a tutorial for OSCulator and Logic, and you should be able to get answers by the end of next week … stay tuned.

Best,

Cam

Comment

Ok thanks for the info, having enough fun as it is anyway! Will the tutorial be on your website?

Comment

Sure.

If you have a RSS reader, just subscribe to the blog.

Comment

Working...
        X