Noob, Question about Chords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob, Question about Chords

I am using OSCulator and garage band. I've got it working and love it to bits. I am using it with a miimote and guitar hero guitar. What I was wondering is there any way to map chords instead of just notes in OSCulator or even in garage band. I just started messing with this and feel a little bit out of my element. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ive been twaeking every possible way to make notes and combinations and chords are very simple to do. say you want a chord (3 or so notes when green is pressed) for example you would put a midi note of your choosing under the green event command, then highlight it, hold command/apple and press d. it will duplicate the note under the first. keep doing so so that you have enough notes for the chord, then choose which notes and octaves make the chord. alternatively, you can set it up so you have individual notes and pressing a few at a time makes a chord. hope that helps!

Comment

hello,

what you could try if to download the installation package of OSCulator (here: http://www.osculator.net/wp/download), and look into "Sample Patches", then Wiimote and you will see a "Wii Guitar Example" file. For some reasons, new sample files are not updated with the application, which is totally a bummer.

This file demonstrates how to make different notes and chords with the Wii Guitar (note: chords are demonstrated in the second preset, so be sure to change the preset to actually try that chord). Indeed if you want to try that configuration, you need to set an instrument in your preferred DAW, or use a synthesizer.

Best,

Cam

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by Hatchinatore View Post
        ive been twaeking every possible way to make notes and combinations and chords are very simple to do. say you want a chord (3 or so notes when green is pressed) for example you would put a midi note of your choosing under the green event command, then highlight it, hold command/apple and press d. it will duplicate the note under the first. keep doing so so that you have enough notes for the chord, then choose which notes and octaves make the chord. alternatively, you can set it up so you have individual notes and pressing a few at a time makes a chord. hope that helps!
        Thank you for the info. It was very helpful and turned out to be very easy.
        But I didnt understand what you mean by "under the green event command", so I hope you dont mind if I rephrase it:
        Choose in OSCulator the Message/line/object you want to make a chord, click cmd D to duplicate it. The line now shows an arrow (upside down triangle ((in the example below, signified by a V)) with two new lines, one named 0 and the next named 0>0 (looks almost like 0.0). mark the blue 0>0 and again cmd D and you get a new line named 0>1. Repeat to the number of notes you want int the chord and then just change the note for each such subobject.

Example:
        1/push1 MIDI Note C3
        if you click on 1/push1 and then use the cmd D keys on your puter you get
        V 1/push1 - -
        0 MIDI Note C 3
        0.0 MIDI Note C 3
        now click 0.0 and again do cmd d and you get
        V 1/push1 - -
        0 MIDI Note C 3
        0.0 MIDI Note C 3
        0.1 MIDI Note C 3

Now simply chose the notes you want to change and get e.g.
        V 1/push1 - -
        0 MIDI Note C 3
        0.0 MIDI Note E 3
        0.1 MIDI Note G 3
        Now, when you touch the object in e.g. touchOSC (in this example a push button) you will get a CMajor chord.

Comment

Working...
        X