Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vibrate via applescript

hello,

firstly, i want to say that OSCulator is a great piece of software. after a long search for a substitute solution to remotely trigger applescripts (my prior setup was obsoleted), i found OSCulator - wonderful!

i have one burning question, though: do you know of a way to triger the vibration of the wiimote via applescript? i noticed that OSCulator does not have an applescript dictionary, so it's obviously not intended. but are there tricks to make the wiimote vibrate from out of an applescript that is running within OSCulator?

thanks in advance for answering, and please excuse my poor english (not a native speaker)

peter

Hello Peter,

There is no way yet to control OSCulator with AppleScript, but I have already considered the idea of doing so, although there is little demand for that feature.

However, there is something you could do:

There is a command line tool that ships with the liblo OSC implementation that allows you to send OSC messages (oscsend). It is possible that you call that command line utility from an AppleScript. That way, OSCulator would receive the OSC message, that you would then bind to a vibrate event.

Best,

Cam

Comment

oh - took some time for me to find your answer thank you very much.

i do have another question though: is it possible to access the values of eg. the roll sensor as a variable or parameter in applescript?

peter

Comment

Hey Peter,

Unfortunately there is no way to access the internal values with AppleScript.

AppleScript support is mainly intended to help triggering simple actions.

What was you idea?

Maybe it would be interesting to see how AppleScript support could be extended.

Best,

Cam

Comment

i want to read the roll sensor value on pressing the "B" key and use it repeatedly to set the playback speed of a video. the wii remote has, with the help of osculator, become the central video playback remote control. this would have enabled an interesting way to search through video.

Comment

Working...
          X