Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wii mote data resolution and sampling rate

hi-

can anyone tell me what the raw wiimote data is in terms of resolution (how many bits?) and sampling rate (in HZ?) through OSCulator prior to OSC/MIDI etc. conversions?

Thanks

Brian

Hello Brian,

The X axis of the accelerometers has a precision of 10 bits, Y and Z, 9 bits.

For the nunchuck the accelerometers have a precision of 8 bits in OSCulator 2.8.8, but they will have 10 bits in the next version.

The rate of data reporting is roughly equal to 100 hz. The events are not down-sampled in OSCulator, that means Wiimote messages are received and processed in the application at the same rate as they are sent by the device.

Best,

Cam

Comment

cheers!

did i miss this info somewhere? is it documented and i did not look hard enough?

thanks much. that's pretty nice data, btw.

Comment

Well, this really depends on the various driver implementations, most of them are only 8 bits. I've made sure we can squeeze the last bits of data given by the sensors.

If you want in depth technical information, you can visit wiibrew.org, this is mostly where I get information on the Wiimote and its accessories.

I have not documented the characteristics of the Wiimote on the website though I think it could be a good idea.

Comment

Working...
        X